The successful delivery of a five-year plan for investment and expansion at Tratos’ UK manufacturing facilities has seen significant growth in resource and capability – and the opening up of new market sectors for the company’s advanced cable.
In addition to increasing production efficiencies, with faster machines and a purpose-built factory, the company has been careful to invest in the professional development of its people.
During those past five years Tratos has transformed itself to cope with the speed of its own cable innovation – rapidly accepted by customers – and seen turnover and market share rise significantly.
- £20m investment at Tratos’ UK base in Knowsley created 40 new jobs
- £15m of this investment pledged to facilitate new state-of-the-art machines and equipment to speed up and increase capacity
- Additional investment in equipment has seen a rise in turnover to £200m
- At its facility in Pieve, Tuscany, an additional £6m funded new machines and infrastructure, creating another 40 new jobs in Italy
- The Tratos Academy to share best practice and develop its best people with a focus on product knowledge and customer service that is second to none and encouraging innovative thinking.
The Knowsley factory has also benefited from investment to develop production lines to embrace medium as well as low voltage cable, expanding market opportunities still further.
Maurizio Bragagni, CEO of Tratos UK said: “The level of investment we’ve dedicated within the UK, and particularly Knowsley, is a clear sign of our future commitment to the country. We continue to put our customers at the heart of our business, innovate products and invest in our staff – all of which has had a positive impact on growth. Knowsley is now part of the Tratos family, and is benefiting from the company’s expansion programme. It was important to reposition Tratos UK in line with the growth in capability and the resource available to customers. The video allows customers and contracting partners to quickly grasp the shape of our business. We now sell to around 50 countries worldwide and remain ambitious for positive development.”