Company: Q-TEL Group
Type: Copper Telecommunication cables and Fibers Optical cables
Tratos & Q-Tel group cooperation
Tratos has supplied Q-TEL Group with its copper telecommunication cables and fibres optical cables. In doing do, Tratos is very pleased to support the Q-Tel and the Government of Qatar efforts towards modernising the cable networks in Qatar, thus making the connections faster and secure for a better interconnected future.
The Government of Qatar, through the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology (MICT), recognizes the importance of broadband connectivity in achieving the 2030 national vision for human, social, economic and environmental development. Set of targets for the National Broadband Plan are:
- All of the population to have the ability to choose between a minimum of two broadband retail providers by 2016, irrespective of location.
- Ninety-five percent of households to have the ability to access affordable and high-quality broadband service of at least 100 Mbps effective download and 50 Mbps effective upload speeds by 2016.
- All businesses, schools, hospitals and government institutions to have high-quality access to at least 1 Gbps effective symmetrical speeds by 2016.
- Digital literacy to be expanded to all of the mainstream population by 2016, in conjunction with guarantees of the user’s digital privacy, protection of personal data and freedom of opinion and expression.
Officially established in 1987, Qatar Telecom (Qtel) has grown to one of the most diverse integrated operators in the Middle East region, offering a range of world-class mobile phone, fixed line phone, cable TV, entertainment and technology services to domestic customers and businesses. Committed to transparency, the Qtel Group has expanded its footprint from 1 to 17 markets in just a few years, serving more than 74 million customers today across the Middle East, North Africa, the Asian subcontinent and South East Asia.
With over 20 years’ experience in supporting the people of Qatar, we benefit from a deep connection with our customers as well as a deep understanding of their needs and expectations.
Our base within the Middle East continues to strengthen, positioning the Qtel Group as the largest telecoms provider in terms of number of operations within the region. The successful launch of commercial operations in Palestine, which was a major achievement in 2009, and the warm welcome we received in that market, reflects the opportunities that exist for us to further expand.
Did you know?
According #Digital2020 report for Qatar :
- There were 2.83 million internet users in Qatar in January 2020.
- The number of internet users in Qatar increased by 49 thousand (+1.8%) between 2019 and 2020.
- Internet penetration in Qatar stood at 99% in January 2020.
- There were 2.83 million social media users in Qatar in January 2020.
- The number of social media users in Qatar increased by 68 thousand (+2.5%) between April 2019 and January 2020.
- Social media penetration in Qatar stood at 99% in January 2020.
- Mobile connections in Qatar
- There were 4.34 million mobile connections in Qatar in January 2020.
- The number of mobile connections in Qatar increased by 31 thousand (+0.7%) between January 2019 and January 2020.
- The number of mobile connections in Qatar in January 2020 was equivalent to 152% of the total population.
Tratos is a dedicated supporter of GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being, GOAL 4: Quality Education, GOAL 5: Gender Equality, GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth, GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities, GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production.