Tratos takes the health and safety of its employees very seriously. Tratos employees are obligated to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. Regular company reminders endorse that it is an offence for anyone to intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety and Welfare.
The company inspects, maintains and checks its:
- Plant, Equipment and Safe Systems of Work.
- Safe procedures for the storage, handling and use of materials and substances.
- Provision of information, training, instruction and supervision for all Health and Safety matters.
- Involvement and encouragement of all employees to contribute and take ownership of the company’s Health and Safety policy and its implementation.
- Provision of a healthy working environment.
Tratos ensures and guarantees that the aforementioned points are respected and revisioned in accordance with the ISO 45001 guidelines. This standard allows organizations to provide safe and healthy workplaces by offering organizations the ability to prevent work-related injury and ill health, as well as to proactively improve their OH&S performance.
Moreover, this ISO standard has been implemented not only to ensure employees’ health and safety but also to contribute to the development of sustainable development goals of the United Nations.
By being granted the ISO 45001 Tratos is actively contributing to the development of goals 3,5,8,9,10,11,16.