Tratos® WAVEFORM cable – 3 AND 4 CORE – LSOH SHEATH
Waveform Distribution Cables BS 7870 3.50
Tratos® WAVEFORM cables – 3 AND 4 CORE – 0.6/1 KV – LSOH SHEATH
Wafeform cables are Low Voltage polymeric insulated cables for use by distribution and generation utilities having low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire BS 7870 3.50. The term Waveform refers to the way the neutral/earth wires are laid around the cores/bedding, this allows the neutral/earth wires to be opened so the connection can be made to the conductors anywhere along its length. Conductor – shaped solid aluminium (Class 1) Insulation phase conductors – XLPE Type DIX 3 conforming to the requirements given in BS 7870-1 annexe B. Bedding – extruded synthetic material Concentric conductor – plain annealed copper earth wires applied concentrically with a waveform lay. Oversheath – LSOH Type DMZ 4 conforming to the requirements given in BS 7870-1 annexe B. Colour – Orange (other colours can be supplied on request). Core Colours 3 core – Brown, Black, Grey. 4 core – Brown, Black, Grey, Blue. Voltage rating Uo/U 0.6/1kv. These cables are designed for a maximum continuous conductor temperature of 90 deg c and a maximum short circuit temperature of 250 deg c. Conductor sizes available, 95mm 3 and 4 core. 185mm 3 and 4 core. 300mm 3 and 4 core.
- BS 7870 3.50 (implements Part 5R of HD 603 S1 A2)
- BS 7870-1
- BS EN 60228
- BS EN 60332-1-2
- BS EN IEC 60332-3-24
- BS EN 61034
- BS EN IEC 60754
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
Brochure Tratos Energy DNOs BS7870
Cavi Energia e-Segnalamento FG7OR
ApplicationLow Voltage energy distribution cable for use by the Distribution Network Operators (DNO's) and Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO's) where the contribution of cables to a fire hazard cables require the use of cables with a low smoke, zero halogen (LSZH) sheath.
- Conductor: shaped solid aluminium (Class 1)
- Insulation phase conductors: XLPE Type DIX 3
- Assembly of cores : 3 or 4 cores laid up
- Bedding: extruded or taped synthetic material
- Concentric conductor: plain annealed copper earth wires applied concentrically with a waveform lay
- Oversheath: LSOH Type DMZ 4
- Colour: Orange (other colours can be supplied on request)
- Marking: TRATOS ELECTRIC CABLE 600/1000V BS 7870-3.50 (N x mm2) (AL (W)) (YYYY)
- BS 7870-3.50
- Conductor: Shaped solid aluminium (Class 1) to BS EN 60228
- Insulation: XLPE type DIX 3 to BS 7870-1, Annex B.
- Sheath: LSZH type DMZ 4 to BS 7870-1, Annex B. Flame propagation on single cable: BS EN 60332-1-2
- Flame propagation on multiple cables: BS EN IEC 60332-3-24
- Smoke emission: BS EN 61034
- Corrosive and acid gas: BS EN IEC 60754
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Round table on “Using innovation and standardization toward the decarbonisation of the transport sector”
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community