TRATOS FIRESAFE – SWA/M1® – 600/1000 V – SWA Armoured Cable
LOW SMOKE ZERO HALOGEN (LSZH) CABLES HAVING ENHANCED CIRCUIT INTEGRITY WHEN EXPOSED TO FIRE - BASED ON BS7846
Tratos Firesafe SWA/M1 0.6/1kV armoured cables are manufactured in Italy and the United Kingdom in accordance with British Standard BS7846 and are IMQ-approved when circuit integrity is required in case of fire.
Protected circuits are required where it is critical that an electrical circuit continues to operate during a fire. This should include the use of sufficiently robust cables, careful selection of cable routes, and/or by the provision of physical protection in areas where cables may be susceptible to damage.
The cables are manufactured and supplied with for safety and building evacuation critical systems.
Tratos SWA/M1 0.6/1kV cables are constructed with mica tape barrier conductors, cross linked polymer insulated cores, which are overlaid with a LSZH bedding. The cables are single / steel wire armoured (SWA) and LSZH sheathed.
SWA Armoured Cable is used when cables have to be installed where mechanical protection is required. The following installation points have to be considered; Required tensile load, expected pressure on cable during service, rodent protection, protection against accidental damage, minimum required bending radius. A single layer of galvanised steel wires provides a very good mechanical protection and tensile strength.These SWA Armoured Cable are typically clipped and installed on to walls, ceilings and in certain external areas of buildings; they have an operating temperature range of -10ºC to +90ºC.
British Standards (BS) and Euro Norm (EN) for these types of fire resistance set out to test the integrity provided by a cable during fire in particular, circuit continuity at rated voltage. Each of these British Standards & Euro Norm is a specification for the actual fire test. They detail the design and dimensions of test rigs and how many cable samples are used, how they are prepared and how the burners are calibrated. They list the methods of cable attachment, how circuit continuity is measured, the test voltages and the burner gas and air mixture.
• BS 6387; Categories C, W & Z
• BS 8434-2 enhanced
• BS EN 50200; PH30, PH60, PH120
• BS 8491; PH30, PH60, PH120*
• BS EN 60332-1 and BS EN 60332-3; Flame propagation
• BS EN 60754; Acid gas emission
• BS EN 61034; Smoke emission
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
ApplicationFiresafe SWA/M1 is designed for installations where a fire situation may pose a hazard and the maintenance of circuit integrity is a requirement . Applications include internal and external use in public buildings, schools, hospitals, department stores, cinemas, hotels, theatres, data centres and similar applications where an armoured “enhanced” grade cable is specified for use in the applicable Code of Practice . CODES OF PRACTICE: BS 5266 Emergency lighting cables - enhanced; BS 5839 Clause 26 .2e Enhanced grade; BS 8519 Category 1, 2 and 3* * When tested in Tratos laboratories; pending third party approval
- Conductor: plain annealed copper class 1 or class 2 conductor
- Tape: mica/glass fire barrier tape
- Insulation: extruded cross-linked polymer
- Bedding: thermoplastic LSZH compound
- Armour: single layer of galvanised steel wires
- Sheath: thermoplastic LSZH sheathing compound Standard Colours: black
- Identification of Core
- 2 core: Brown, Blue
- 3 core: Brown, Black, Grey
- 4 core: Brown, Blue, Black, Grey
- Multicore: Black core with white printed numbering
- Voltage Rating 600/1000V
- Operating temperature range of -10oC to +90oC.
- Maximum short circuit conductor temperature 250 °C, maximum duration of the fault current 5 s.
- The tension applied to a cable should not exceed the values of tensile stress per conductor given below. This is subject to a total maximum tensile force of 1000 N.
- 50 N/mm2 during installation;
- 15 N/mm2 for static tensile stress.
- Minimum bending radius: Circular conductors 6D; Shaped conductors 8D
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community
Tratos at DSEI