Project: Ysbyty Tstrad Faw – Caerphilly Hospital
Location: Wales, UK
Type: Firesafe TW950s
Installation Date: 2009/2010
Tratos & Caerphilly Hospital cooperation
Tratos is proud to supply a complete range of fire resistant cables to comply with the latest Standards and Codes of Practice covering fire detection, alarm systems, emergency lighting or other vital power supplies.
The company has in place a comprehensive modern fire testing facility on site to ensure cable integrity. Thanks to this facility it can produce cable for international projects that meets multiple nations’ standards.
Tratos is pleased to announce its Firesafe TW950 cables has been used throughout the Ysbyty Ysarad Faw (Caerphilly Hospital) to connect power source to all essential primary devices. These included, amongst others, supply to all fire alarm and repeater panels, fire dampers, door détentes, Access control panels etc.
TW950s was selected when compared to others due to its properties, ease of installation and immediate availability.
The Ysbyty Ystrad Fawar (Caerphilly Hospital) provides 269 beds. The hospital also has a 24-hour local emergency centre and integrated mental health unit.
What makes this hospital unique is the fact that there are no wards, only ensuite rooms that are intended to help control infections and make patient’s stays more dignified. The project has cost the Welsh Government £172 million pounds.
Did you know?
The new Local General Hospital for Caerphilly County Borough will be located at Ystrad Fawr and will provide the following benefits for residents in its catchment area:
- Extending the range and volume of outpatient services so that approximately 90% can be seen locally, including children’s clinics – more than doubling current provision
- Strengthening emergency and urgent assessment and admission for adults – more than doubling the number of patients seen locally
- All minor injuries care – on a 24 hour basis rather than the current part time approach
- A broad range of diagnostics including CT and endoscopy – with the potential for MRI in the future
- A broad range of day case and short stay surgery
- All rehabilitation and post acute care, with additional provision for palliative care
- Therapy services including hydrotherapy as a new addition to the Borough
- All antenatal and post-natal care, together with a Midwifery Led Birthing Unit for low risk births based on the model that has been developed within the Caerphilly District Miners Hospital
- Modern integrated mental health services for adults and older adults
It will facilitate the closure of:
- Caerphilly District Miners Hospital
- Ystrad Mynach Hospital
- Oakdale Hospital
- Aberbargoed Hospital
Tratos is long committed to supporting the UN Global Goals related to better access to health services, such as Goal 1 End poverty in all its forms everywhere, Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being, and Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.