TRATOS® C-TRI-RATED – Tri Rated cable
Tri-rated cables are a popular for use as fixed internal wiring in instrument panels and switchgear. Suitable for all fixed wiring switchboard/control panel applications where limited movement or infrequent flexing in service is required.
Manufactured in Great Britain in accordance with Standards produced by three Internationally recognised Standards bodies ensures wide acceptance and use. The flexible conductors of TRATOS® C-TRI-RATED is suitable for most applications allowing a significant reduction in installation time due to pliability and ease of handling when placing or dressing individual or bunches of wires. The robust PVC insulation used by Tratos on both types ensures outstanding flexibility and protection.
On temperature rating BS 6231 states Types CK cables, once installed, are suitable for a limited degree of movement at a minimum ambient temperature of -15 oC. They are suitable for use where the conductor temperature does not exceed the designated temperature of 90oC. (Note: However, adjacent to high temperature zones, Tri Rated cables which are not subject to flexing or other mechanical stresses, are suitable for 15 000 h of cumulative operation at a temperature of 105oC provided that the direct contact temperature does not exceed 85oC). Rated by UL and CSA at 105oC.
In the event of a fire PVC is self extinguishing and does not sustain combustion being tested to BS EN 60332-1 or 2, VW-1 and FT-1.
STANDARDS for Tri Rated cables
UK, USA, Canada:
- UL, 758 AWM, Styles 1015, 1028,1283 and 1284 as applicable
- CSA, TEW, Standard C22.2, No.127
An alternative to this cable is the Tratos Tri-rated Superflexible® This type of tri-rated cable is a popular choice for use as fixed internal wiring in confined spaces. Both of these cables are Made in Britain.
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
ApplicationUsed for the wiring of switch, control, metering, relay and instrument panels of power switchgear, and for such purposes as internal connections in rectifier equipment and in motor starters and controllers.
- Conductors: Plain annealed copper conductors – BS EN 60228 Class 5
- Insulation: Heat resisting PVC insulation Type TI3 BS EN 50363-3
- Available in several colours – brown, blue, black, grey, green/yellow, red, white, pink, purple dependent upon the size, other colours are available on request.
- BS 6231 rates these cables at 600/1000V, rated by UL and CSA at 600V
- (Note: When installed in the equipment they are suitable for wiring circuits for which the prescribed alternating test voltage does not exceed 4kV r.m.s for 1 minute.)
- Maximum conductor temperature rated up to +105 °C (60 °C where oil is present)
- Minimum installation temperature 0°C
- Minimum temperature once installed -15 °C
- Minimum bending radius Tri-rated is 6 x D
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Financial Director Kevin Martin Talks Tratos Europe Compliance
Tratos wins ISO-14067 Carbon Neutral Accreditation
Tratos Queen’s Award Celebration
Tratos UK Ltd wins Network Rail cables approval
Tratos cable meets LU approval
Tratos partners AENOR to develop carbon footprint detector
Tratos hosts Made in Britain workshop
Tratos Academy Hosts RIA Group Event
Tratos receives the Queen's Award at Buckingham Palace
Tratos re-joins Mersey Maritime
Electrical Engineer Students learn from Tratos