PVC Conduit Wire
As the actual manufacturer of these cables, not simply a distributor, Tratos has total control of the design, quality and manufacturing process from the purchase of the raw materials through to final testing and despatch to our customers. Having control of the manufacturing process Tratos have developed this cable to have the optimum balance of properties, toughness to withstand pulling into conduit and trunking combined with a smooth, low coefficient of friction, surface to ease installation and prevent jamming.
Now officially identified by the designations H07-U and H07-R, these cables are also known by their old CMA Code 6491X. Cables designated “-U” have class 1 conductors, “-R” have class 2 conductors” flexible class 5 conductors designated “-K” are available on request. Tratos manufacture a complete range of cables for building and construction applications that are both safe and reliable when correctly selected, installed and properly used.
- BS EN 50525-2-31 (Formerly BS6004) – Design
- BS EN 60228 – Conductor
- BS EN 50363-3 – Insulation
- BS EN 60332-1-2 – Test under fire conditions:
- H07V-U 1.5 mm2 to 10 mm2
- H07V-R 1.5 mm2 to 120 mm2
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
ApplicationSuitable for power and lighting circuits and building wiring. Installed in surface mounted or embedded conduits, cable trunking or similar closed systems and for fixed protected installation in or on lighting fittings and inside appliances, switchgear and control gear. In particular for installation where fire, smoke emission and toxic fumes create a potential threat.
- Conductors: BS EN 60228 Class 1 (H07V-U) or Class 2 (H07V-R) plain copper
- Insulation: Type TI1 PVC to EN 50363-3
- Test under fire conditions: BS EN 60332-1-2
- Insulation Colour: black, blue, brown, grey, orange, pink, red, turquoise, violet, white and green-and-yellow.
- Low voltage power
- Rated voltage 450/750 V
- NOTE 1 Cables rated 450/750 V may be used at 600/1 000 V when this cable is used in fixed installations with mechanical protection, within switchgear and control gear – see BS EN 50525-1.
- Maximum continuous conductor operating temperature 70 °C.
- Minimum installation temperatures 5 °C.
- Minimum operation temperature once installed – 15 °C.
- Maximum short circuit conductor temperature 160 °C, maximum duration of the fault current 5 s.
The tension applied to a cable should not exceed the values of tensile stress per conductor given below. This is subject to a total maximum tensile force of 1000 N.
- 50 N/mm2 during installation;
- 15 N/mm2 for static tensile stress.
Minimum bending radius:
- ≤8 mm 4D
- >8 mm ≤12 mm 5D
- >12 mm 6D
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Round table on “Using innovation and standardization toward the decarbonisation of the transport sector”
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community