LSZH Flexible Conduit Wire
As the actual manufacturer of these cables, not simply a distributor, Tratos has total control of the design, quality and manufacturing process from the purchase of the raw materials through to final testing and despatch to our customers. Having control of the manufacturing process Tratos have developed these cables to have the optimum balance of properties, class 5 conductors give flexibility to ease installation and movement in use. Special fire performance, toughness to withstand pulling into conduit and trunking combined with a smooth, low coefficient of friction surface to prevent jamming.
Tratos manufacture a complete range of cables with special fire performance for building and construction applications that are both safe and reliable when correctly selected, installed and properly used
- BS EN 50525-2-31/ UNE 211002 – Design
- BS EN 60228 – Conductor
- UNE 211002– Insulation
- BS EN 60332-1-2 – Test on single vertical cable
- BS EN IEC 60332-3-22 – Test on bunched wire or cable
- BS EN 61034-2 – Smoke emission > 60%
- BS EN 50525-1 – Assessment of halogens for all non-metallic materials
ApplicationTratos 2491B and 6701B flexible cables are used inside appliances, panels, conduit and general normally fixed wiring applications where there is a requirement for flexibility during installation and where, in the event of fire, a need to minimise the risk from smoke and toxic fumes but where circuit integrity is not required. Not suitable for wet or applications where the cable will be immersed in water or fluids.
- Conductors: BS EN 60228 class 5 plain copper
- Insulation: Type TIZ1 thermoplastic polyolefin low smoke, zero halogen (LSZH) material according to UNE 211002
- Insulation Colour: black, blue, brown, grey, orange, pink, red, turquoise, violet, white and green-and-yellow.
- Low voltage power
- Rated voltage 450/750 V
- NOTE 1 Cables rated 450/750 V may be used at 600/1 000 V when this cable is used in fixed installations with mechanical protection, within switchgear and control gear – see BS EN 50525-1.
- Maximum continuous conductor operating temperature 70 °C.
- Minimum installation temperatures 5 °C.
- Minimum operation temperature once installed – 15 °C.
- Maximum short circuit conductor temperature 160 °C, maximum duration of the fault current 5 s.
The tension applied to a cable should not exceed the values of tensile stress per conductor given below. This is subject to a total maximum tensile force of 1000 N.
- 50 N/mm2 during installation;
- 15 N/mm2 for static tensile stress.
Minimum bending radius:
- ≤8 mm 4D
- >8 mm ≤12 mm 5D
- >12 mm 6D