Tri-rated Superflexible cables are a popular choice for use as fixed internal wiring in confined spaces in instrument panels and switchgear. Suitable for all fixed wiring switchboard/control panel applications where more frequent flexing in service is required, such as the opening and closing of cabinet doors. Manufactured in accordance with Standards produced by three Internationally recognised Standards bodies ensures wide acceptance and use. The specially designed extra flexible conductors of TRATOS® C-TRI-RATED- Superflexible is suitable for most applications allowing a significant reduction in installation time due to pliability and ease of handling when placing or dressing individual or bunches of wires. The robust PVC insulation used by Tratos ensures outstanding flexibility and protection. On temperature rating BS 6231 states Types CK cables, once installed, are suitable for a limited degree of movement at a minimum ambient temperature of -15 oC. They are suitable for use where the conductor temperature does not exceed the designated temperature of 90oC. (Note: However, adjacent to high-temperature zones, cables which are not subject to flexing or other mechanical stresses, are suitable for 15 000 h of cumulative operation at a temperature of 105oC provided that the direct contact temperature does not exceed 85oC). Rated by UL and CSA at 105oC. In the event of a fire, PVC is self-extinguishing and does not sustain combustion being tested to BS EN 60332-1 or 2, VW-1 and FT-1.
- UL, 758 AWM, Styles 1015, 1028,1283 and 1284 as applicable
- CSA, TEW, Standard C22.2, No.127
ApplicationUsed for the wiring of switch, control, metering, relay and instrument panels of power switchgear, and for such purposes as internal connections in rectifier equipment and in motor starters and controllers where space is at a premium and the extra pliability ensures low bending radii.
- Conductors: Plain annealed copper conductors – BS EN 60228 Class 6
- Insulation: Heat resisting PVC insulation Type TI3 BS EN 50363-3
- Available in several colours – brown, blue, black, grey, green/yellow, red, white, pink, purple dependent upon the size, other colours are available on request.
- BS 6231 rates these cables at 600/1000V, rated by UL and CSA at 600V
- (Note: When installed in the equipment they are suitable for wiring circuits for which the prescribed alternating test voltage does not exceed 4kV r.m.s for 1 minute.)
- Maximum conductor temperature rated up to +105 °C (60 °C where oil is present)
- Minimum installation temperature 0 °C
- Minimum temperature once installed -15 °C
- Minimum bending radius Tri-rated Superflex is 3 x D