Typical applications for Tratos’ fire resistant cable include public buildings, schools, hospitals, underground and overground railway stations, department stores, cinemas, hotels, theatres and computer centres as well as offshore vessels and hazardous environments such as Oil & Gas platforms. The company can supply a complete range of fire resistant cables to comply with the latest Standards and Codes of Practice covering fire detection, alarm systems, emergency lighting or other vital power supplies. Tratos has comprehensive modern fire testing facilities on site to ensure cable integrity. Thanks to this facility it can produce cable for international projects that meets multiple nations’ standards.
Tratos Firesafe cables are manufactured in accordance with the following standards:
- BS7211 Electric cables. Thermosetting insulated and thermoplastic sheathed cables for voltages up to and including 450/750 V for electric power and lighting and having low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire.
- BS 7629 Electric cables. Specification for 300/500 V fire resistant screened cables having low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire Multicore and multipair cables.
- BS 7846 Electric cables. Thermosetting insulated, armoured, fire-resistant cables of rated voltage 600/1000 V, having low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire.
When correctly selected and installed cables supplied by Tratos meet the following Codes of Practice:
- BS 5266-1 Emergency lighting Code of practice for the emergency escape lighting of premises.
- BS 5839-1 Fire detection and fire alarm systems for buildings Code of practice for design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises.
- BS 7346-7 Components for smoke and heat control systems Code of practice on functional recommendations and calculation methods for smoke and heat control systems for covered car parks.
- BS 8519:2010 Code of practice Selection and installation of fire-resistant power and control cable systems for life safety and fire-fighting applications.
- BS 9999:2008 Fire safety code of practice for the design, management and use of buildings.
Whatever your requirements, as the actual manufacturer rather than a distributor, Tratos can supply you with both copper and fibre optic cables of guaranteed performance and quality having:
- Fire integrity
- Resistance to combustion
- Flame retardance
- Low flame propagation and flames spread
- Low toxicity and smoke
- Low acid gas generation
- Combined with Pliability to easy installation
Tratos supplies “standard” and “enhanced” grade cables to suit the actual installation, large or small, simple or complex in accordance with the applicable Code of Practice. Alongside our Tratos Firesafe cables we also offer a selection of accessories including glands, p-clips and saddles in Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSOH) from stock to suit all Tratos Firesafe cables. Available in red or white from stock with other colours available to order.
COMBUSTION RESISTANT – Cable that meets flame propagation testing BSEN60332, EN50265 and BS 4066
FLAME RETARDANCE – Low smoke and fume cables. Designed and tested to resist flame propagation and spread. Low toxicity, smoke and acid gas generation.
TESTING FACILITIES – ratos’ facilities include spark and resistance testing and in-depth tests for elongation, heat shock, smoke propagation and vertical flame.
Related Case Studies
All- Party Parliamentary Fire Safety & Rescue Group
If you are going to buy a parachute.... Would you buy the cheapest?
BRITAIN’S COUNTERFEIT CABLE: The ticking time bomb
Double proof of Tratos Firesafe’s performance
Tratos Firesafe cable authorised for use by London Underground
MW TRATOS FIRESAFE SYSTEM
TRATOS Firesafe TW950 cable has been used at Centre Court, Wimbledon