TRATOS FIRESAFE TW100® – 450V / 750V
LOW SMOKE ZERO HALOGEN (LSZH) CABLES HAVING ENHANCED CIRCUIT INTEGRITY WHEN EXPOSED TO FIRE
Tratos Firesafe TW100 standard cable is specially designed for areas where the integrity of electrical circuit is critical to maintain the power supply. Application usage can be found in emergency lighting, control and power circuits, fire alarm systems, communication systems, lifts and escalators, power stations, high-rise buildings, mass transit underground passenger systems, airports, hotels and hospitals.
Tratos Firesafe TW100 insulated cables are installed in conduit and trunking systems, they have an operating temperature range of -10oC to +90oC.
British Standards (BS) and Euro Norm (EN) for these types of fire resistance set out to test the integrity provided by a cable during fire in particular, circuit continuity at rated voltage. Each of these British Standards & Euro Norm is a specification for the actual fire test. They detail the design and dimensions of test rigs and how many cable samples are used, how they are prepared and how the burners are calibrated. They list the methods of cable attachment, how circuit continuity is measured, the test voltages and the burner gas and air mixture.
The standards call for fire resistant cables to ‘standard’ performance or ‘enhanced’ performance. The essential difference between the ‘standard’ and ‘enhanced’ requirement is survival time under the test conditions as set out in BS EN 50200. Cables which survive for a minimum of 30 minutes are classed as ‘standard’ while cables that can survive for 120 minutes are classed as ‘enhanced’. BS 5839-1: Fire detection and fire alarm systems for buildings are the code of practice for design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises.”
BS 5839-1 is a ‘code of practice’ which provides considerable information In terms of cable it describes the requirements for circuit integrity during fire and advises upon the use of ‘standard’ or ‘enhanced’ fire resistant cable for different parts of the building. It refers to a number of details, for example, the preferred sheath colour of the cable, to the metallic fixing methods and lists other British Standards to meet the requirements for critical circuits in fire detection and fire alarm systems. This British Standard is the starting point for designers and installers of fire alarm systems and forms part of the maintenance programme for the life of the building.
- BS 6387; Categories C, W & Z (when applied to a single cable)
- IEC 60331; with the flame temperature increased to 950 oC
- BS EN 50200: when installed in screwed steel conduit
- BS EN 50200 Annex E: when installed in screwed steel conduit
- BS EN 60332-1 and BS EN 60332-3; Flame propagation
- BS EN 60754; Acid gas emission
- BS EN 61034; Smoke emission
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
ApplicationTratos Firesafe TW100® are designed and specified to be installed in metal conduit, trunking and other cable containment systems. They are used in alarm, emergency lighting and other circuits for new installations or upgrading existing conduit systems to fire performance standards.
- Conductor: stranded plain annealed copper class 1 or class 2 conductor
- Insulation: mica-glass fire-resistant tape covered by an extruded layer of cross-linked, LSZH insulating compound
- Standard Colours: red, black, blue, yellow, brown, green/yellow (other colours on request)
- Identification of Core: by colour
- Marking: TW100 +TRATOS+ BS7629-1 BS6387 CWZ BS5839 cross-section LOT/YEAR -METRE MARKING - “CE”
- Voltage Rating 450/750V
- Operating temperature range of -10oC to +90oC.
- Maximum short circuit conductor temperature 250 °C, maximum duration of the fault current 5 s.
- The tension applied to a cable should not exceed the values of tensile stress per conductor given below. This is subject to a total maximum tensile force of 1000 N.
- 50 N/mm2 during installation;
- 15 N/mm2 for static tensile stress.
- Minimum bending radius: ≤8 mm 4D; >8 mm ≤12 mm 5D; >12 mm 6D
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community
Tratos at DSEI