Waveform Distribution Cables BS 7870-3.40
Tratos® WAVEFORM – 3 AND 4 CORE – 0.6/1 KV – PVC SHEATH
Low Voltage polymeric insulated cables for use by distribution and generation utilities BS 7870 3.40. The term Waveform refers to the way the neutral/earth wires are laid around the cores/bedding, this allows the neutral/earth wires to be opened so the connection can be made to the conductors anywhere along its length. Conductor – Circular or shaped solid aluminium (Class 1) Insulation phase conductors – XLPE Type DIX 3 conforming to the requirements given in BS 7870-1 annexe B. Bedding – extruded synthetic rubber material. Concentric conductor – plain annealed copper earth wires applied concentrically with a waveform lay. Oversheath – PVC type DMV 23 conforming to the requirements given in BS 7870-1 annexe B. Colour – Black (other colours can be supplied on request) Core Colours. 3 core – Brown, Black, Grey. 4 core – Brown, Black, Grey, Blue. Voltage rating Uo/U 0.6/1kv. These cables are designed for a maximum continuous conductor temperature of 90 deg c and a maximum short circuit temperature of 250 deg c. Conductor sizes available, 35mm x 3 core. 95mm 3 and 4 core. 185mm 3 and 4 core. 300mm 3 and 4 core.
- BS 7870 3.40 (implements Part 5R of HD 603 S1 A2)
- BS 7870-1
- BS EN 60228
ApplicationLow Voltage energy distribution cable for use by the Distribution Network Operators (DNO's) and Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO's).
- Conductor: shaped solid aluminium (Class 1)
- Insulation phase conductors: XLPE Type DIX 3
- Assembly of cores: 3 or 4 cores laid up
- Bedding: extruded synthetic rubber material
- Concentric conductor: plain annealed copper earth wires applied concentrically with a waveform lay
- Oversheath: PVC Type DMV 23
- Colour: Black (other colours can be supplied on request)
- Marking: TRATOS ELECTRIC CABLE 600/1000V BS 7870-3.40 (N x mm2) (AL) (YYYY)
- BS 7870-3.40
- Conductor: Shaped solid aluminium (Class 1) to BS EN 60228
- Insulation: XLPE type DIX 3 to BS 7870-1, Annex B.
- Sheath: PVC type DMV 23 to BS 7870-1, Annex B.