CABLE POLYETHYLENE TWIN - ARMOURED Tratos® CW1128/1198 PET STEEL WIRE ARMOURED
Tratos® CW1128/1198 PET STEEL WIRE ARMOURED
Tratos is a long-established manufacturer of Telecommunication Cables, a family of cables used for the transmission of Data, Information, Voice and Images. Production at Tratos covers almost all of the installation needs of Telecommunication Cabling.
These cables are cellular-polyethylene insulated jelly filled colour coded paired cable with copper conductors made up into units or sub-units, for use in the local distribution network.
Conductor sizes available are 0.4 mm, 0.5 mm, 0.6 mm, 0.63 mm and 0.9 mm. The standard number of pairs available is 2 Pr, 5 Pr, 10 Pr, 20 Pr, 30 Pr, 50 Pr and 100 Pr but other numbers of pairs up to 2400 pairs are available on request.
These Outside Plant (OSP) Cables are used in the Secondary or Distribution (‘D’-side) of the local distribution Network primarily underground where mechanical protection is required as they are steel wire armoured they can be direct buried or drawn into ducts. Although the standard armour is 34 hBar quality galvanised mild steel other types of armour can be supplied on request including single or double Steel Tape armour or a corrugated longitudinally applied steel tape.
The standard oversheath is Grey PVC but an MDPE polyethene sheath can also be supplied, where there is the possibility of attack by insects, a nylon sheath is available. Where required the polyethylene inner sheath can be supplied in combination with an aluminium foil water barrier.
A screened version of the cable is available if specially ordered.
The cable meets or exceeds the requirements of CW 1128.
- CW 1128 Design guide
- CW 1000
- CW 1179
- CW 1198
- CW 1205
- CW 1402
- CW 2000
EN/ BS EN
- BS EN 50290-23
- BS EN 50290-24
- BS EN 50290-28
- BS EN 60228
- IEC 60028
- IEC 60189-1
- IEC 60708
ApplicationThese Outside Plant (OSP) Cables are used in the Secondary or Distribution (‘D’-side) of the local distribution Network primarily underground where mechanical protection is required.
- Conductor: Plain copper 0.4 mm, 0.5 mm, 0.6 mm, 0.63 mm and 0.9 mm
- Insulation: Cellular PE (cables with foam-skin Pe are available on request)
- Cabling: Pair or quad; unit and sub-unit
- Number of pairs: 2 Pr (Quad), 5 Pr, 10 Pr, 20 Pr, 30 Pr, 50 Pr and 100 Pr
- Water blocking: Filling compound fully filling the interstices of the cable
- Rip cords
- When specially ordered - Moisture barrier: Aluminium polyester tape
- Sheath: MDPE
- Armouring: Galvanised Mild Steel wires (or tapes by special request)
- Outer sheath MDPE Grey or PVC
- Operating temperatures between -20°C and +60°C
- The Maximum Corrected Capacitance Unbalance between adjacent pairs: 275 pF/500m
- Minimum Insulation Resistance: 1,500 MΩ/km
- Typically the transmission limit is 10dB (at 1600Hz) and the signal limit is 1000ft.