REELING & TRAILING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 1802
1.1/1,1 kV General cable with three composite screened power cores and one central pilot core. Note, certain regulatory authorities limit the use of this cable to 250/250V.
Cable used primarily for hand-held boring machines, and as a flexible lead to other small items of equipment where a heavy duty supply cable is required.
While the requirements of underground coal mining continue to determine the cables to be incorporated into Standard AS/NZS 1802, it is recognized that many of these cables will be equally applicable to other installations, for example, underground metalliferous mines, ship loaders, travelling cranes, reclaimers at loading stations and other materials handling plants.Other requirements may apply in these applications.
Standard AS/NZS 2802, Electric cables—Reeling and trailing—For mining and general use (other than underground coal mining) covers cables that have been developed to meet the special requirements of the Australian surface mining industry.
AS/NZS 5000 .1.
ApplicationCable used primarily for hand-held boring machines, and as a flexible lead to other small items of equipment where a heavy duty supply cable is required. Cable users will be assisted in making the appropriate cable selection by reference to the descriptive tables of cable types in Standard AS/NZS 1802.
- Conductor: Flexible stranded tinned annealed copper conductor
- Insulation: EPR R-EP-90
- Textile fabric tape
- Composite Screen (earth conductor): Tinned annealed copper braiding interwoven with polyester yarn
- Cradle Separator: Semiconductive PCP with a maximum volume resistivity of 1 Ω.m
- Central Extensible Pilot: EPR covered flexible stranded tinned copper conductor
- Outer sheath: TRATOS OUTER SHEATH®, better than heavy duty PCP sheath (HD-85-PCP). Sheath reinforcement or a Heavy duty CPE/CSP sheath can be supplied upon request
- Standard colour: black
- Typical Marking: TRATOS + R-EP-90/HD-85-PCP + TYPE 210 .1 + 2013 + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core Identification: Power core identification by coloured textile fabric tape or tracers in the composite screen (Red, White, Blue). Central Pilot Core identification coloured insulation (Grey) .
- Electrically symmetrical
- Voltage ranges: 1,1/1,1 kV Only
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 90oC
- Minimum operating temperature -25oC