REELING & TRAILING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 1802
1.1/1.1kV to 11/11kV Cable mainly used power supply between transformer and gate-end box for longwall supply or other machinery such as pumps. Having three pilot cores and three power cores screens, the low resistance earth path makes the cable is particularly suited to long runs.
All cables with a voltage rating of 3.3/3.3 kV and above have a cross-linked semiconductive elastomeric material extruded directly over the power core conductor using a triple extrusion process in combination with the EPR insulation and insulation stress relief screen. The material used for the insulation stress relief screen is a cross-linked semiconductive elastomeric compound which is applied directly over the insulation of each power core followed by a composite tinned annealed copper/ polyester braid.
All cables with a voltage rating of 1,1/1,1 kV have a separator tape over the power core conductor, an extruded EPR insulation and a textile fabric tape applied over the insulation followed by a composite tinned annealed copper/ polyester braid.
Three such screened cores are laid up around a cradle separator with a pilot core in each interstice.
Core identification as follows: Power core identification by coloured tracers in the composite screen (Red, White, Blue). Pilot Core identification coloured insulation (Grey) .
Sheathed overall by a Heavy duty HD-85-PCP sheath Black (other colours on request)
When required a textile-reinforced semiconductive water blocking tape can be applied on special request.
While the requirements of underground coal mining continue to determine the cables to be incorporated into Standard AS/NZS 1802, it is recognized that many of these cables will be equally applicable to other installations, for example, underground metalliferous mines, ship loaders, travelling cranes, reclaimers at loading stations and other materials handling plants.Other requirements may apply in these applications.
Standard AS/NZS 2802, Electric cables—Reeling and trailing—For mining and general use (other than underground coal mining) covers cables that have been developed to meet the special requirements of the Australian surface mining industry.
AS/NZS 5000 .1.
Application1.1/1.1kV to 11/11kV Cable used power supply between transformer and gate-end box for longwall supply or other machinery. Having three pilot cores and three power cores screens, the low resistance earth path makes the cable particularly suited to long runs. Not for use with shuttle cars. Cable users will be assisted in making the appropriate cable selection by reference to the descriptive tables of cable types in Standard AS/NZS 1802.
- Conductor: Flexible stranded tinned annealed copper conductor
- Insulation: EPR R-EP-90
- Insulation stress relief screen: TRATOS Semiconductive elastomer or separator tape (1,1/1,1 kV cables only)
- Composite Screen (earth conductor): Tinned annealed copper braiding interwoven with polyester yarn
- Cradle Separator: Semiconductive PCP with a maximum volume resistivity of 1 Ω.m
- Three separate Pilot: cores EPR insulated flexible stranded tinned copper conductor laid one in each interstice
- Outer sheath: TRATOS OUTER SHEATH®, better than heavy duty PCP sheath (HD-85-PCP). Sheath reinforcement or a Heavy duty CPE/CSP sheath can be offered upon request
- Standard colour: black
- Typical Marking: TRATOS + R-EP-90/HD-85-PCP + TYPE 240.1 + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core Identification: Power core identification by coloured tracers in the composite screen (Red, White, Blue). Pilot Core identification all three coloured insulation (Grey).
- Electrically symmetrical
- Voltage ranges: 1,1/1,1 kV to 11/11 kV
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 90oC
- Minimum operating temperature -25oC