TRATOS ASNZS MTO-245® – from 1,1/1,1 to 3,3/3,3kV
REELING & TRAILING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 1802
1.1/1.1kV to 3.3/3.3kV Flexible power supply cable with three semiconductive screened power cores, three separate earth cores and three extensible pilot cores in the cradle centre. primarily used as longwall shearer cables in Bretby cable handler chain, and other applications where flexibility is important, The use of semiconductive screens on each power core in place of a composite screen helps to improve the overall flexibility of the cable. Electrically symmetrical
All cables Type 245 cables have a cross-linked semiconductive elastomeric material extruded directly over the power core conductor using a triple extrusion process in combination with the EPR insulation and insulation earth screen. The material used for the insulation earth screen is a cross-linked semiconductive elastomeric compound with a maximum volume resistivity of 1 Ω.m which is applied directly over the insulation of each power core .
Three such screened cores are laid up around a cradle separator with a semiconductive covered earth core in each interstice.
Core identification as follows: Power core identification by coloured insulation, Red, White Blue or printed numbers on the semiconducting outer layer. Interstitial earth cores, Black. Pilot Core identification numbered coloured insulation (Grey) .
The core assembly is covered by a semiconductive PCP collective screen followed by an open weave reinforcing braid.
Sheathed overall by a Heavy duty HD-85-PCP sheath Black (other colours on request)
When required a textile-reinforced semiconductive water blocking tape can be applied on special request.
While the requirements of underground coal mining continue to determine the cables to be incorporated into Standard AS/NZS 1802, it is recognized that many of these cables will be equally applicable to other installations, for example, underground metalliferous mines, ship loaders, travelling cranes, reclaimers at loading stations and other materials handling plants.Other requirements may apply in these applications.
Standard AS/NZS 2802, Electric cables—Reeling and trailing—For mining and general use (other than underground coal mining) covers cables that have been developed to meet the special requirements of the Australian surface mining industry.
- AS/NZS 1802
- AS/NZS 1125
- AS/NZS 3808
- AS/NZS 5000 .1
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
Application1.1/1.1kV to 3.3/3.3kV Cable primarily used as longwall shearer cables in Bretby cable handler chain and other applications where flexibility is important, also used for continuous miners and peripheral longwall cables . Not for use with shuttle cars. Cable users will be assisted in making the appropriate cable selection by reference to the descriptive tables of cable types in Standard AS/NZS 1802.
- Conductor: Flexible stranded tinned annealed copper conductor
- Insulation: EPR R-EP-90
- Insulation earth screen: TRATOS Semiconductive elastomer with a maximum volume resistivity of 1 Ω.m
- Cradle Separator: Semiconductive PCP with a maximum volume resistivity of 1 Ω.m containing three extensible pilot cores
- Three separate Earth cores flexible stranded tinned copper conductor within semiconductive covering laid one in each interstice
- Semiconductive PCP collective screen
- Open weave braid reinforcement
- Outer sheath: TRATOS OUTER SHEATH®, better than heavy duty PCP sheath (HD-85-PCP). Sheath reinforcement or a Heavy duty CPE/CSP sheath can be offered upon request
- Standard colour: black
- Typical Marking: TRATOS + R-EP-90/HD-85-PCP + TYPE 245.1 + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core identification as follows: Power core identification by coloured insulation Red, white, Blue or printed numbers on the semiconducting outer layer. Interstitial earth cores, Black. Pilot Core identification printed numbers on insulation (Grey) .
- Electrically symmetrical
- Voltage ranges: 1,1/1,1 kV to 3,3/3,3 kV
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 90oC
- Minimum operating temperature -25oC
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Round table on “Using innovation and standardization toward the decarbonisation of the transport sector”
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community