REELING & TRAILING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 1802
Pliable Wire Armoured cables mainly used as heavy duty feeder cables for power supply where maximum mechanical protection and strength is required. Can also be used as the feeder to machinery, transportable mining substation and ancillary equipment that has to be moved intermittently.
All cables with a voltage rating of 3.3/3.3 kV and above have a cross-linked semiconductive elastomeric material extruded directly over the power core conductor using a triple extrusion process in combination with the EPR insulation and insulation stress relief screen. The material used for the insulation stress relief screen is a cross-linked semiconductive elastomeric compound which is applied directly over the insulation of each power core followed by a composite tinned annealed copper/ polyester braid.
All cables with a voltage rating of 1,1/1,1 kV have a separator tape over the power core conductor, an extruded EPR insulation and a textile reinforced semiconductive tape applied over the insulation followed by a composite tinned annealed copper/ polyester braid.
Three such screened power cores are laid up around a cradle separator with a seperate EPR insulated large pilot core in each interstice.
Core identification as follows: Power core identification by coloured tracers in the composite screen (Red, White, Blue). Pilot Core identification coloured insulation (Grey) .
The core assembly is covered by a General Purpose PCP inner sheath.
Heavy duty Pliable Wire Armour made up of strands of Galvanised Steel Wire applied helically
Sheathed overall by a Heavy duty HD-85-PCP sheath Black (other colours on request)
While the requirements of underground coal mining continue to determine the cables to be incorporated into Standard AS/NZS 1802, it is recognized that many of these cables will be equally applicable to other installations, for example, underground metalliferous mines, ship loaders, travelling cranes, reclaimers at loading stations and other materials handling plants.Other requirements may apply in these applications.
Standard AS/NZS 2802, Electric cables—Reeling and trailing—For mining and general use (other than underground coal mining) covers cables that have been developed to meet the special requirements of the Australian surface mining industry.
- AS/NZS 1802
- AS/NZS 1125
- AS/NZS 3808
- AS/NZS 5000 .1
ApplicationPliable Wire Armoured cables used for supplying fixed or semi-permanent equipment where maximum mechanical protection and strength is required.such as pumps, conveyors etc., they are also used as semi-permanent distribution cables between inbye transformer units and adjacent banks of gate end boxes and similar pieces of equipment that has to be moved intermittently. Not suitable for reeling. Cable users will be assisted in making the appropriate cable selection by reference to the descriptive tables of cable types in Standard AS/NZS 1802.
- Conductor: Flexible stranded tinned annealed copper conductor
- Conductor stress relief screen 3,3/3,3 kV cables and above: TRATOS Semiconductive elastomer.
- Conductor separator tape (1,1/1,1 kV cables only)
- Insulation: EPR R-EP-90
- Insulation stress relief screen: 3,3/3,3 kV and above TRATOS Semiconductive elastomer. 1,1/1,1 kV Textile reinforced semiconductive tape
- Cradle Separator: Semiconductive PCP with a maximum volume resistivity of 1 Ω.m
- Three separate Pilot cores flexible stranded tinned copper conductor with EPR insulation and textile tape laid one in each interstice
- General purpose PCP inner sheath
- Heavy duty Pliable Wire Armour made up of strands of Galvanised Steel Wire applied helically
- Outer sheath: TRATOS OUTER SHEATH®, better than heavy duty PCP sheath (HD-85-PCP). Sheath reinforcement or a Heavy duty CPE/CSP sheath can be offered upon request
- Standard colour: black
- Typical Marking: TRATOS + R-EP-90/HD-85-PCP + TYPE 260.1 + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core Identification: Power core identification by coloured tracers in the composite screen (Red, White, Blue). Pilot Core identification all three coloured insulation (Grey).
- Electrically symmetrical
- Voltage ranges: 1,1/1,1 kV to 11/11 kV
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 90oC
- Minimum operating temperature -25oC