REELING & TRAILING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 1802
Specifically designed for use as a flexible feeder for shuttle cars but is also suitable for other applications where flexibility is required. The use of a collective semiconductive screen over the core assembly in place of the normal individually screened cores increases flexibility. Special conductor designs reduce the occurence of broken wires in this arduous application.
Three non-individually screened power cores are laid up around a semiconductive cradle centre containing an extensible pilot core with three semiconductive covered earth cores laid one in each interstice. Filled and covered overall by an elastomeric semiconductive layer, open weave textile reinforcing braid and HD PCP sheath.
While the requirements of underground coal mining continue to determine the cables to be incorporated into Standard AS/NZS 1802, it is recognized that many of these cables will be equally applicable to other installations, for example, underground metalliferous mines, ship loaders, travelling cranes, reclaimers at loading stations and other materials handling plants.Other requirements may apply in these applications.
Standard AS/NZS 2802, Electric cables—Reeling and trailing—For mining and general use (other than underground coal mining) covers cables that have been developed to meet the special requirements of the Australian surface mining industry.
- AS/NZS 1802
- AS/NZS 1125
- AS/NZS 3808
- AS/NZS 5000 .1
Application1.1/1.1kV cable designed for use with Shuttle Cars and other high speed, high tension reeling applications demanding maximum flexibility and resistance to twisting under tension. Cable users will be assisted in making the appropriate cable selection by reference to the descriptive tables of cable types in Standard AS/NZS 1802.
- Conductor: Flexible stranded tinned annealed copper conductor
- Insulation Power and Pilot cores: EPR R-EP-90
- Covering on earth cores: Semiconductive elastomer with a maximum volume resistivity of 1 Ω.m
- Cradle Separator: Semiconductive PCP with a maximum volume resistivity of 1 Ω.m
- Three separate Earth cores flexible stranded tinned copper conductor within semiconductive covering laid one in each interstice
- Cross-linked Semiconductive elastomer collective screen with a maximum volume resistivity of 1 Ω.m
- Open weave braid reinforcement
- Outer sheath: TRATOS OUTER SHEATH®, better than heavy duty PCP sheath (HD-85-PCP). Sheath reinforcement or a Heavy duty CPE/CSP sheath can be offered upon request
- Standard colour: black
- Typical Marking: TRATOS + R-EP-90/HD-85-PCP + TYPE 275.1 + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core identification as follows: Power core identification by coloured insulation, Red, White, Blue. Interstitial earth cores, Black. Pilot Core identification coloured insulation (Grey) .
- Electrically symmetrical
- Voltage ranges: 1,1/1,1 kV Only
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 90oC
- Minimum operating temperature -25oC