REELING & TRAILING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 2802
1.1/1.1kV to 22/22kV Cable mainly used power supply between mobile machinery and equipment like pumps. Having three large pilot cores and three power cores screens, the low resistance earth path makes this cable particularly suited to long runs.
All cables with a voltage rating of 3.3/3.3 kV and above have a cross-linked semiconductive elastomeric material extruded directly over the power core conductor using a triple extrusion process in combination with the EPR insulation and insulation stress relief screen. The material used for the insulation stress relief screen is a cross-linked semiconductive elastomeric compound which is applied directly over the insulation of each power core followed by a composite tinned annealed copper/ polyester braid.
All cables with a voltage rating of 1,1/1,1 kV have a separator tape over the power core conductor, an extruded EPR insulation and a textile fabric tape applied over the insulation followed by a composite tinned annealed copper/ polyester braid.
Three such screened cores are laid up around a semiconductive cradle separator with a large pilot core in each interstice.
Core identification as follows: Power core identification by coloured tracers in the composite screen (Red, White, Blue). Pilot Core identification coloured insulation (Grey) .
Sheathed overall by a Heavy duty HD-85-PCP sheath Black (other colours on request).
When required a textile-reinforced semiconductive water blocking tape can be applied on special request.
The cables specified in Standard AS/NZS 2802 have been designed to meet the special requirements of the Australian surface mining industry and also to comply with the requirements of AS 3007, Electrical installations—Surface mines and associated processing plant (all parts).
Although surface mining was a significant factor in determining the cables to be incorporated into Standard AS/NZS 2802, it is recognized that many of these cables will be equally applicable to other installations, e.g. underground metalliferous mines, ship loaders, travelling cranes, reclaimers at loading stations and other large materials handling plant.
A number of cables specified in this Standard might also meet the requirements for underground coal mines; however, reeling and trailing cables for coalmines are the subject of AS/NZS 1802, Electric cables—Reeling and trailing—For underground coal mining purposes.
- AS/NZS 2802
- AS/NZS 1125
- AS/NZS 3808
- AS/NZS 5000 .1
ApplicationMainly used as flexible feeder trailing cables for power supply to machinery and equipment. Include 3 large pilots and a central semiconductive cradle for support and protection of power cores. Cable users will be assisted in making the appropriate cable selection by reference to the descriptive tables of cable types in Standard AS/NZS 2802.
CONSTRUCTION(from the centre outwards)
- Semiconductive elastomeric cradle separator
- Three power cores of equal cross-sectional area, each comprising—
- (a) a conductor
- (b) a conductor screen for cable 3.3/3.3 kV and above
- (c) insulation (Class 2) EPR R-EP-90
- (d) a proofed tape and composite screen for 1.1/1.1 kV cable; or
- (e) insulation screen (semiconductive and composite) for cables 3.3/3.3 kV and above
- Laid up around the semiconductive cradle separator
- Three elastomer covered and proofed taped pilot conductors disposed one into each of the outer interstices of the laid-up power core assembly
- Outer sheath of heavy-duty elastomer (HD-85-PCP) that also fills the outer interstices of the laid-up core assembly. Heavy duty CPE/CSP sheath can be offered upon request
- Optional sheath reinforcement (within sheath)
- Standard colour: black
- Typical Marking: TRATOS + R-EP-90/HD-85-PCP + TYPE 440.11 + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core Identification: Power core identification by coloured tracers in the composite screen (Red, White, Blue). Pilot Core identification all three coloured insulation (Grey).
- Class 2
- Electrically symmetrical
- Voltage ranges: 1,1/1,1 kV to 22/22 kV
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 90oC
- Minimum operating temperature -25oC