TRATOS ASNZS MTO-441® – Class 1 – from 3,3/3,3 to 22/22 kV
REELING & TRAILING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 2802
Class 1 series cables have lower insulation and sheath radials than Class 2 cables.
3.3/3.3kV to 22/22kV Cable mainly used power supply between mobile machinery and equipment like pumps. Having three large pilot cores and three power cores screens, the low resistance earth path makes this cable particularly suited to long runs.
All cables with a voltage rating of 3.3/3.3 kV and above have a cross-linked semiconductive elastomeric material extruded directly over the power core conductor using a triple extrusion process in combination with the EPR insulation and insulation stress relief screen. The material used for the insulation stress relief screen is a cross-linked semiconductive elastomeric compound which is applied directly over the insulation of each power core Three such screened cores are laid up around a semiconductive cradle separator with a large pilot core in each interstice., this makes the cable less likely to damage by crushing. Core identification as follows: Power core identification printed core numbers on the black semiconductive insulation screen . Interstitial Earth Cores covering (Black). Central Pilot Core identification coloured insulation (Grey).
Sheathed overall by an Extra Heavy duty XHD-85-PCP sheath Black (other colours on request).
When required a textile-reinforced semiconductive water blocking tape can be applied on special request.
The cables specified in Standard AS/NZS 2802 have been designed to meet the special requirements of the Australian surface mining industry and also to comply with the requirements of AS 3007, Electrical installations—Surface mines and associated processing plant (all parts).
Although surface mining was a significant factor in determining the cables to be incorporated into Standard AS/NZS 2802, it is recognized that many of these cables will be equally applicable to other installations, e.g. underground metalliferous mines, ship loaders, travelling cranes, reclaimers at loading stations and other large materials handling plant.
A number of cables specified in this Standard might also meet the requirements for underground coal mines; however, reeling and trailing cables for coalmines are the subject of AS/NZS 1802, Electric cables—Reeling and trailing—For underground coal mining purposes.
- AS/NZS 2802
- AS/NZS 1125
- AS/NZS 3808
- AS/NZS 5000 .1
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
ApplicationThese cables have various applications such as trailing and reeling applications, supply to draglines, shovels and other large items of mining equipment. Cable users will be assisted in making the appropriate cable selection by reference to the descriptive tables of cable types in Standard AS/NZS 2802.
CONSTRUCTION(from the centre outwards)
- Semiconductive elastomer cradle separator containing an extensible central pilot core
- Three power cores of equal cross-sectional area, each comprising—
- (a) conductor
- (b) conductor screen
- (c) insulation (Class 1) XR-EP-90
- (d) semiconductive elastomer insulation screen
- Laid up around the semiconductive cradle separator
- Three semiconductive elastomer covered earth conductors disposed one into each of the outer interstices of the laid-up power core assembly
- Semiconductive elastomer filling and screen for laid-up core assembly
- Open weave textile reinforcement braid over the core assembly
- Outer sheath of extra heavy-duty elastomer XHD-PCP-85
- Standard colour: black
- Typical Marking: TRATOS + XR-EP-90/XHD-85-PCP + TYPE 441.11 + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core Identification: Power core identification printed core numbers on the black semiconductive insulation screen . Interstitial Earth Cores covering (Black). Central Pilot Core identification coloured insulation (Grey).
- Class 1
- Electrically symmetrical
- Voltage ranges: 3,3/3,3 kV to 22/22 kV
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 90oC
- Minimum operating temperature -25oC
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Round table on “Using innovation and standardization toward the decarbonisation of the transport sector”
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community