TRATOS ASNZS MTO-CS® – 1,1/1,1 kV
MINING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 1972:2006
Type 1 Heat resistant PVC Insulated, collective composite copper/polyester braid screened, Heat resistant PVC covered machine cable.
These cables can be used for fixed apparatus (e.g. power, lighting and control circuitry), for the internal wiring on fixed and mobile machines in coal mines where flexibility and exposure to heat is not an issue. Even when installed in fixed situations they may be subject to arduous stresses and vibrations resulting from machine movement, e.g. a longwall shearer or continuous miner cutting coal. These cables may also be used in other applications where a risk assessment has been carried out to establish their suitability to meet the more onerous conditions existing for cables used below ground in coal mines. Type 1 cables require further mechanical protection when used external to the machine or equipment in non-protected applications.
Individually screened cable is available on request
Cables intended for reeling and trailing applications are covered by AS/NZS 1802, Electric cables—Reeling and trailing—For underground coal mining purposes.
- AS/NZS 1972
- AS/NZS 1125
- AS/NZS 3808
- AS/NZS 5000 .1.
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
ApplicationThese copper/polyester braid collective screened cables are used for wiring of machines, or interconnection between mining machines and equipment where flexibility or exposure to heat is not an issue and PVC is suitable Cable users will be assisted in making the appropriate cable selection by reference to the description of cable types in Standard AS/NZS 1972.
- Conductor: Flexible tinned copper conductor
- Insulation: Heat resistant PVC (V-90)
- Bedding: Non-hygroscopic polyester tape bedding layer
- Collective Composite Screen (Earth core): Tinned annealed copper braiding interwoven with polyester yarn
- Binding: Polyester tape
- Outer Covering: Heat resistant PVC (5V-90)
- Standard colour: black
- Marking: TRATOS + V-90/5V-90 + TYPE 1C + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core Identification: white, with black numbers
- Individually screened cable is available on request
- Cables rated in excess of 20 A are electrically symmetrical.
- Voltage ranges: 1,1/1,1 kV
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 90oC
- Minimum operating temperature 0oC
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Round table on “Using innovation and standardization toward the decarbonisation of the transport sector”
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community