MINING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 1972:2006
Type 1 Heat resistant PVC Insulated, individual composite copper/polyester braid screened, Heat resistant PVC covered machine cable.
These cables can be used for fixed apparatus (e.g. power, lighting and control circuitry), for the internal wiring on fixed and mobile machines in coal mines where flexibility and exposure to heat is not an issue. Even when installed in fixed situations they may be subject to arduous stresses and vibrations resulting from machine movement, e.g. a longwall shearer or continuous miner cutting coal. These cables may also be used in other applications where a risk assessment has been carried out to establish their suitability to meet the more onerous conditions existing for cables used below ground in coal mines. Type 1 cables require further mechanical protection when used external to the machine or equipment in non-protected applications.
Collective screened cable is available on request
Cables intended for reeling and trailing applications are covered by AS/NZS 1802, Electric cables—Reeling and trailing—For underground coal mining purposes.
- AS/NZS 1972
- AS/NZS 1125
- AS/NZS 3808
- AS/NZS 5000 .1.
ApplicationThese individually copper/polyester braid screened cables are used for wiring of machines, or interconnection between mining machines and equipment where flexibility or exposure to heat is not an issue and PVC is suitable Cable users will be assisted in making the appropriate cable selection by reference to the description of cable types in Standard AS/NZS 1972.
- Conductor: Flexible tinned copper conductor
- Insulation: Heat resistant PVC (V-90)
- Individual Composite Screens (Earth cores): Tinned annealed copper braiding interwoven with polyester yarn
- Binding: Polyester tape
- Outer Covering: Heat resistant PVC (5V-90)
- Standard colour: black
- Marking: TRATOS + V-90/5V-90 + TYPE 1S + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core Identification: white, with black numbers
- Collective screened cable is available on request
- Cables rated in excess of 20 A are electrically symmetrical.
- Voltage ranges: 1,1/1,1 kV
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 90oC
- Minimum operating temperature 0oC