TRATOS ASNZS MTO-PAPER®
MINING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 1972:2006
High voltage – Impregnated paper insulated – power cables based on AS/NZS 1972, (and AS/NZS 1026 as applicable) Non-draining mass-impregnated paper insulated, paper-belted and lead alloy sheathed cables for working voltages up to and including 19/33 (36) kV armoured with helically applied galvanised steel wires (minimum 50% conductance) and PVC sheathed overall to provide resistance to the type of chemical attack found in certain types of mines.
Mainly used as a High Voltage feeder cable in fixed locations
These cables are not required to flex or bend in service and are typically installed as fixed cables on the roof or rib of the mine.
- AS/NZS 1972
- AS/NZS 1125
- AS/NZS 3808
- AS/NZS 5000 .1.
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
ApplicationMainly used as HV feeder cables in fixed conditions.
- Conductor: Sector shaped stranded copper conductor
- Insulation: Paper tape
- Filling: Jute fillers
- nsulation: Paper tape belt insulation
- Inner Sheath: Lead sheath
- Bedding: PVC sheath
- Armour: Galvanized steel w
- ire armour
- Outer Sheath: TRATOS OUTER SHEATH®, better than PVC sheath to AS/NZS 1026
- Standard colour: Red
- Marking: TRATOS + XR-EP-90/XHD-85-PCP + TYPE PAPER + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core Identification: black and numbered
- Electrically symmetrical
- Voltage ranges: 1,9/3,3 to 19/33 kV
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 65oC
- Minimum operating temperature 0oC
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Round table on “Using innovation and standardization toward the decarbonisation of the transport sector”
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community