MINING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 1972:2006
High voltage – Impregnated paper insulated – power cables based on AS/NZS 1972, (and AS/NZS 1026 as applicable) Non-draining mass-impregnated paper insulated, paper-belted and lead alloy sheathed cables for working voltages up to and including 19/33 (36) kV armoured with helically applied galvanised steel wires (minimum 50% conductance) and PVC sheathed overall to provide resistance to the type of chemical attack found in certain types of mines.
Mainly used as a High Voltage feeder cable in fixed locations
These cables are not required to flex or bend in service and are typically installed as fixed cables on the roof or rib of the mine.
- AS/NZS 1972
- AS/NZS 1125
- AS/NZS 3808
- AS/NZS 5000 .1.
ApplicationMainly used as HV feeder cables in fixed conditions.
- Conductor: Sector shaped stranded copper conductor
- Insulation: Paper tape
- Filling: Jute fillers
- nsulation: Paper tape belt insulation
- Inner Sheath: Lead sheath
- Bedding: PVC sheath
- Armour: Galvanized steel w
- ire armour
- Outer Sheath: TRATOS OUTER SHEATH®, better than PVC sheath to AS/NZS 1026
- Standard colour: Red
- Marking: TRATOS + XR-EP-90/XHD-85-PCP + TYPE PAPER + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core Identification: black and numbered
- Electrically symmetrical
- Voltage ranges: 1,9/3,3 to 19/33 kV
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 65oC
- Minimum operating temperature 0oC