HIGH TEMPERATURE ROLLING STOCK POWER CABLES ACCORDING TO EN50382
TRATOS RS US-HT 1.8/3 or 3.6/6 kV Single core with flexible conductors
Tratos high temperature EN50382 silicone insulated only power cables are particularly recommended where high temperature operation and cable weight reduction is a requirement and can be manufactured with tinned or plain copper conductor and brings installation advantages thanks to its high abrasion and tearing resistance.
The power cables are intended for rolling stock applications where special fire performances are required: flame and fire retardant, halogen-free, low smoke emission, low toxicity and low corrosive of fumes. A 140°C conductor temperature is allowed for a 20,000 hours cumulate working time for 120°C types.
Flexible and easy to strip, our cables are designed to meet the stringent requirements of our customers during cabling operations, these cables with low bending radius are frequently installed on locomotive equipment.
Tratos rolling stock cables should always be installed and operated under the guidelines for selections and the installation in the standards BS EN 50355 and BS EN50343.
- BS EN 45545-2 (HL3 R15 & R16)
- BS EN 50305
- BS EN 50355
- BS EN 60332-1-2 Flame propagation
- BS EN IEC 60332-3-22 Vertical flame spread
- BS EN IEC 61034 Smoke emission density
- BS EN IEC 60754 Halogen acid gas content
ApplicationTratos high temperature power cables are used in rolling stock for the flexible connections in Diesel locomotives, Bi-Mode, Electric high speed, regional passenger trains, city metro and light rail tram vehicles. Tratos’ cables meet the requirements of the modern railway industry; they are halogen free, flame retardant, low smoke and have a low toxicity index. Tratos traction and rolling stock cable products include; medium wall, standard wall and reduced wall specifications to British and European standards; The requirements for temperature, abrasion, and ozone and oil resistance are also easily fulfilled. Halogen free, compact, dual wall power cable for demanding applications. Tratos rolling stock Inter carriage Jumper cables are very flexible, mechanically robust, with high abrasion and high resistance to weathering.Tratos jumper cables are specially designed for demanding applications, where frequent an dynamic movements combined with high mechanical strength and enhanced fire performance are required.
- flexible tinned annealed copper wires
- (palin copper only for 150° C core temperature)
- class 5 according to BS EN 60228
- silicone rubber according to EN 50382-1 (EI 111)
- EN50382-2 High temperature silicone rubber insulated power cables, having special fire performances, with flexible conductors to BS EN 60228, with a +120 °C and +150 °C core operating temperature in 1.8/3 kV or 3.6/6 kV voltage grade with standard, medium and enhanced wall cable insulation and voltage grade systems.