TRATOSFLEX MTO®-SB (CSS)
MEDIUM VOLTAGE FLEXIBLE CABLES FOR USE IN WATER / NTSCGEWÖU & NTSCEWOU
TRATOSFLEX MTO®-SB (CSS) with Copper Core Shield. As power supply or connection cables for large material handling machines, e .g. excavators in open-cast mines subject to extremely high mechanical stresses. Particularly suitable for applications in which abrasion and chaffing stresses are to be expected in trailing operation.
The conductor is electrolytic copper, tinned, finely stranded in class5 version (protective-earth conductor: electrolytic copper, tinned, very finely stranded class “FS” refer to DIN VDE 0295). Insulation basic material is EPR compound type 3GI3 refer to DIN VDE 0207, part 20. Arrangement of the protective earth conductor split into three in the outer interstices. Electrical field control with inner and outer semiconductive laver of semiconductive rubber. The extremely tear-resistant reinforcing tape which prevents sheath movement. Inner&outer sheath of special extremely abrasion resistance and tear-proof chloroprene rubber compound, inner and outer sheath inseparably bonded compound type: 5Gm5 refer also to DIN VDE 0207, part 21. Marking of the cable as follows: Year of manufacture, serial number, VDE marking, TRATOSFLEX MTO-SB NTSCGEWÖU, number of cores, cross-section and rated voltage. Core identification with natural colouring in black semiconductive rubber.
The cable is produced due to standard DIN VDE 0250, part 813.
Ambient temperature in a fully flexible operation is -30℃ to + 80 ℃. Also available in a low-temperature version “K” with -60℃ to + 60℃. The maximum permissible operating temperature of the conductor is +90℃. Short circuit temperature of the conductor is 200℃.
The cable is oil resistance due to DIN VDE 0473, part 811-2-1, para. 10.
Behaviour in case of fire given to DIN VDE 0482, part 265-2-1.
The cable is unrestricted useable outdoors and indoors, resistant to UV and ozone and moisture.
- DIN EN 60228 VDE 0295
- DIN VDE 0207, part 20
- DIN VDE 02027, part 21
- DIN EN 60811-404 VDE 0473-811-404
- DIN EN 60332-1-2 VDE 0482-332-1-2
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
ApplicationAs power supply or connection cables for large material handling machines, e .g . excavators in open-cast mines subject to extremely high mechanical stresses. Particularly suitable for applications in which abrasion and chaffing stresses are to be expected in trailing operation.
- Conductor: Electrolytic copper, tinned, finely stranded, Class 5 (Protective-earth conductor: electrolytic copper, tinned, very finely stranded, Class “FS” (refer also to DIN VDE 0295)
- Insulation: TRATOS MTO, basic material EPR, compound type: 3GI3 (refer also to DIN VDE 0207, Part 20)
- Arrangement of a protective-earth conductor(1): With protective-earth conductor split into three in the outer interstices
- Electrical Field Control(2): Inner and an outer semiconductive layer of semiconductive rubber • Core arrangement(3): Three main conductors laid-up, with a protective-earth conductor, split into three in the outer interstices
- Tape: An extremely tear-resistant reinforcing tape which prevents sheath movement
- Inner & Outer sheath: Complete sheath (inner and outer sheath) of special extremely abrasion-resistant and tear-proof chloroprene rubber compound, inner and outer sheath inseparably bonded compound type: 5GM5 (refer also to DIN VDE 0207, Part 21)
- Marking: (Year of manufacture) (serial number) <VDE> TRATOSFLEX MTO-SB NTSCGEWÖU (number of cores) x (cross-section) (rated voltage)
- Core Identification: Natural colouring with black semiconductive rubber
- Rated Voltage 1,8/3kv to 18/30kv;
- Max. voltage AC 2,1/3,6kv to 20,8/36kv;
- Max. voltage DC 2,7/3,6kv to 20,8/36kv
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Round table on “Using innovation and standardization toward the decarbonisation of the transport sector”
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community