Low voltage multicore power and control cable to BS 7870 8.2 and ENATS 09-6
Tratos® MULTIPAIR – 0.6/1 KV – PVC SHEATHED
LV polyethylene insulated multipair cables for use by distribution and generation utilities for control, data or telecommunication applications to BS 7870 8.2 and ENATS 09-6.
Conductor – solid round (class 1) 1/0.8mm plain copper conforming to the requirements of BS EN 60288
Conductor Insulation – Polyethylene grade L/MD BS EN 50290-2-23. Insulated conductor formed in to pairs with a maximum lay length of 150mm. Polyethylene bedded grade LD BS EN 50290-2-24. Single wire galvanised armour.
- Oversheath – PVC Type TM 1 conforming to the requirements given in BS EN 50363-4-1
- Colour – Black (other colours can be supplied on request).
- Cables available in either a filled (PJ) or un-filled version.
- Induced voltage up to 5kV BS 7870 8.2 table 1and ENATS 09-6 table E.2 (a). Induced voltage up to 15kV BS 7870 8.2 table 2and ENATS 09-6 table E.2 (b).
- Standard configurations available (other sizes available on request), 7 pair, 19 pair, 37 pair and 61 pair.
- BS 7870-8.2 (implements HD 627 3A2) and ENA Technical Specification 09-6
- BS 7870-1
- BS EN 60228
- BS EN 50290-2-23
- BS EN 50290-2-24
- BS EN 50363-4-1
ApplicationLow Voltage control, data and telecommunication multi-pair armoured cable for use by the Distribution Network Operators (DNO's) and Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO's) primarily for use underground in wet conditions provided the “filled” option is used. Provided the appropriate design is used suitable for running alongside of high voltage cables and also withstanding high levels of inducted voltage. Note: These cables may be used indoors but they should not be used where fire propagation is a risk or where the emission of corrosive fumes and excessive smoke in the event of a fire is forbidden.
- Conductor – solid plain annealed copper (Class 1)
- Insulation – Polyethylene grade L/MD BS EN 50290-2-23.
- Assembly of cores – 2 cores twisted to form a pair, pairs laid up in concentric layers, filled or unfilled with a suitable compound as specified by the customer
- Bedding – Polyethylene grade LD BS EN 50290-2-24.
- Armouring – Single helical layer of galvanised steel or aluminium wires
- Oversheath – PVC Type TM1 Black
- Colour – Black (other colours can be supplied on request)
- Marking – TRATOS ELECTRIC CABLE TELE (unfilled) or TELE F (filled) BS 7870-8.2 (Year of Manufacture)
- Conductor – Stranded copper class 2 to BS EN 60288
- Insulation – Polyethylene grade L/MD BS EN 50290-2-23
- Bedding – Polyethylene grade LD BS EN 50290-2-24
- Sheath – Type TM1 to BS EN 50363-4-1