TRATOS ASNZS MTO-441® – Class 2 – 1,1/1,1 kV
REELING & TRAILING CABLES BASED ON AS/NZS 2802
Class 2 cables designed for various applications such as trailing and reeling applications . Include one central pilot and a semiconductive cradle supporting and protecting the power cores, which makes these cables less likely to be damaged from crushing and squashing.
- Conductor: Flexible stranded tinned annealed copper conductor
- Insulation: EPR R-EP-90
- Insulation Screen: Semiconductive elastomer
- Cradle Separator: Semiconductive PCP
- Overall Core Screen: Semiconductive PCP filling and covering
- Interstitial Earth Conductor: Semiconductive PCP covered flexible stranded tinned copper conductor
- Central Extensible Pilot: EPR covered flexible stranded tinned copper conductor
- Textile Reinforcement: Open-weave braid reinforcement .
- Standard colour: black
- Outer Sheath: TRATOS OUTER SHEATH®, better than heavy duty PCP sheath (HD-85-PCP). Heavy duty CPE/CSP sheath can be offered upon request
- Marking: TRATOS + R-EP-90/HD-85-PCP + TYPE 441 .1 + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core Identification: Power core identification by coloured insulation (Red, White, Blue) .
Interstitial Earth Core identification coloured semiconductive covering (Black) .
The cables specified in Standard AS/NZS 2802 have been designed to meet the special requirements of the Australian surface mining industry and also to comply with the requirements of AS 3007, Electrical installations—Surface mines and associated processing plant (all parts).
Although surface mining was a significant factor in determining the cables to be incorporated into Standard AS/NZS 2802, it is recognized that many of these cables will be equally applicable to other installations, e.g. underground metalliferous mines, ship loaders, travelling cranes, reclaimers at loading stations and other large materials handling plant.
A number of cables specified in this Standard might also meet the requirements for underground coal mines; however, reeling and trailing cables for coalmines are the subject of AS/NZS 1802, Electric cables—Reeling and trailing—For underground coal mining purposes.
- AS/NZS 2802
- AS/NZS 1125
- AS/NZS 3808
- AS/NZS 5000 .1
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
ApplicationClass 2 cables designed for various applications such as trailing and reeling applications . Include one central pilot and a semiconductive cradle supporting and protecting the power cores, which makes these cables less likely to be damaged from crushing and squashing. Cable users will be assisted in making the appropriate cable selection by reference to the descriptive tables of cable types in Standard AS/NZS 2802.
CONSTRUCTIONFrom centre outwards
- Semiconductive elastomer cradle separator containing a central pilot core
- Three power cores of equal cross-sectional area, each comprising—
- (a) conductor
- (b) insulation (Class 2) EPR R-EP-90 and semiconductive
- (c) elastomer insulation screen
- Laid up around the semiconductive cradle separator
- Three semiconductive elastomer covered earth conductors disposed into the laid-up power core outer interstices
- Semiconductive elastomer filling and screen for laid-up core assembly
- Reinforcement for core assembly
- Outer sheath of heavy-duty elastomer HD-85-PCP Heavy Duty CPE/CSP sheath can be offered upon request
- Standard colour: black
- Typical Marking: TRATOS + R-EP-90/HD-85-PCP + TYPE 441.1 + YEAR + SIZE + Metre Mark
- Core Identification: Power core identification (Red, White, Blue). Earth Core identification all three coloured Black.
- Class 2
- Electrically symmetrical
- Voltage ranges: 1,1/1,1 kV Only
- Maximum conductor operating temperature 90oC
- Minimum operating temperature -25oC
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Round table on “Using innovation and standardization toward the decarbonisation of the transport sector”
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community