MEDIUM VOLTAGE CABLES FOR TUNNEL DRIVING MACHINES / NTSCGECWÖU
Medium voltage cables for tunnel driving machine/ NTSCGEWÖU.
The cables are suitable for use as reeling power supply cables for tunnel driving machines in underground mines and for tunnel construction applications. Produced due to DIN VDE 0250, part 813. These cables need to fulfil special requirements such as mechanical strength and mechanical resistance outer sheath material.
Voltages from 3,6/6kv to 12/20kv are possible for this cables type. The low-temperature version “K” is suitable for a temperature rate from -60℃ to+60℃. Maximum travel speed for this cable is 60m/min. The maximum permissible operating temperature of the conductor is 90℃. The cable are useable unrestricted outdoors and indoors, resistant to ozone and moisture*.
We work close together with the well known mining companies.
The conductor of the cable is finely stranded copper, tinned, class5 (refer also to DIN VDE 0295). TRATOS MTO, basic material EPR, compound type: 3Gl3 (refer to DIN VDE0207, part 20). Outer Sheath basic material PCP, compound type: 5GM5, colour red (refer also to DIN VDE 0207, part 21). The cable is marked with the year of manufacture; VDE, TRATOS MTO-TDM; (N)TSCGEWÖU (number of cores) x (rated cross section). DIN VDE 0250, Part 813.
Chemical resistance to oil according to DIN VDE 0473, Part 811-2-1, para.10; behavior in case of fire given to DIN VDE 0482, part 265-2-1, para.10. Minimum distance with S-type directional changes is 20x OD. Maximum permissible operating voltage in AC systems: 4,2/7,2kv to 13,9/24kv. AC test voltage: 11kv to 29kv. current-carrying capacity according to DIN VDE 0298, part4.
- DIN EN 60228 VDE 0295
- DIN VDE 0207, part 20
- DIN VDE 02027, part 21
- DIN EN 60811-404 VDE 0473-811-404
- DIN EN 60332-1-2 VDE 0482-332-1-2
- DIN VDE 0298-3 VDE 0298-3
- DIN VDE 0298-4 VDE 0298-4
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
ApplicationFor connection of large material handling machines such as excavators, dumpers, mobile crushers in open-cast mines. Flexible MV reeling cable suitable for high mechanical stresses in conjunction with mono spiral reels and cylindrical reels.
- Conductor: Finely stranded copper conductor, tinned, Class 5 (refer also to DIN VDE 0295)
- Insulation: TRATOS MTO, basic material EPR, compound type: 3GI3 (refer also to DIN VDE 0207, Part 20)
- Electrical field control: Inner and outer semiconductive layer of semiconductive rubber
- Arrangement of protective-earth conductor: Copper/textile combined braid individually laid-up concentrically around
- Each individual core
- Core arrangement: Three main conductors laid-up with three control cores in the outer interstice
- Inner sheath: Vulcanized rubber inner sheath; basic material EPR, compound type: GM1b (refer also to DIN VDE 0207, Part 21)
- Monitoring conductor: Overall concentric lay of copper wire spinning
- Outer sheath: Basic material PCP, compound type: 5GM5, colour red (refer also to DIN VDE 0207, Part 21)
- Core identification: Main cores: natural colouring with black semiconductive rubber Control cores: black
- Marking: (Year of manufacture) <VDE> TRATOS MTO-TDM NTSCGECWÖU (number of cores) x (rated cross-section)
- Rated Volateg 3,6/6kv to 12/20kv;
- Max. voltage AC:4,2/7,2kv to 13,9/24kv;
- Max voltage DC 5,4/10,8 to 18/36kv
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Round table on “Using innovation and standardization toward the decarbonisation of the transport sector”
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community