TITLE: Railway applications. Railway rolling stock power and control cables having special fire performance. General requirements
SCOPE: The EN 50264 series specifies cables for power, control and associated circuits, which, in the event of fire, will limit the risk to people and improve the safety of railways in general. It covers sheathed and unsheathed cables with insulation and sheath based on halogen-free materials, for use in railway rolling stock.
EN 50264, which covers a range of cables rated at up to 3,6/6 kV with conductor sizes 1,0 mm² up to 400 mm², is divided into 5 parts under the generic title “Railway applications – Railway rolling stock power and control cables having special fire performance”.
- Part 1: General requirements
- Part 2-1: Cables with cross-linked insulation – Single core cables;
- Part 2-2: Cables with cross-linked insulation – Multi-core cables;
- Part 3-1: Cables with crosslinked insulation with reduced dimensions – Single core cables;
- Part 3-2: Cables with crosslinked insulation with reduced dimensions – Multi-core cables.
Related Case Studies
Hard-Line approach to Health & Safety at Tratos
Italian railways high speed trains use Tratos fire-resistant cables
Flame Retardant and Fire Resistant Cables
New Generation of Enhanced Fire Performance cables for High-Speed Rail
Rail sector technical adviser expands Tratos cable know-how
Tratos hosts Rail Industry technical group seminar
MW TRATOS FIRESAFE SYSTEM