Tratos Product: Tratosflex
Direct Client: DUSS Terminals Germany
TRATOS at DUSS Terminals Germany
DUSS Terminals Germany is one of the biggest Intermodal terminal organizations in Germany. TRATOS, as a main supplier of reeling cables for almost ten years, has just renewed the long-term frame agreement.
Tratos- Duss Terminals long-term relationship is strengthened by supplying individual reeling cables products for new and existing intermodal cranes including several related services.
From Hamburg to Basel DUSS terminals provide their services in strong cooperation with Deutsche Bahn.
Tratos supports sustainable developments of ports infrastructure worldwide
Tratos is very pleased to supply its high-quality cables to the ports around the world. In doing so, Tratos supports the global endeavours of port authorities in upgrading and improving their operational capabilities, which contributes to the sustainable development of ports and achieving the 17 UN Global Goals.
Participating in this project, Tratos has supported:
#Envision2030 Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- By 2030, substantially reduce the number of deaths and illnesses from hazardous chemicals and air, water and soil pollution and contamination
#Envision2030 Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors
- Improve progressively, through 2030, global resource efficiency in consumption and production and endeavour to decouple economic growth from environmental degradation, in accordance with the 10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production, with developed countries taking the lead
#Envision2030 Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- By 2030, significantly reduce the number of deaths and the number of people affected and substantially decrease the direct economic losses relative to global gross domestic product caused by disasters, including water-related disasters, with a focus on protecting the poor and people in vulnerable situations
#Envision2030 Goal 14: Life Below Water
- By 2025, prevent and significantly reduce marine pollution of all kinds, in particular from land-based activities, including marine debris and nutrient pollution
- Minimize and address the impacts of ocean acidification, including through enhanced scientific cooperation at all levels
Did you know?
The Deutsche Umschlaggesellschaft Schiene – Straße (DUSS) was founded in November 1982. Today DB Netz AG holds 75%, Deutsche Bahn AG 12.5% and Kombiverkehr GmbH&Co KG 12.5%. The company’s headquarters are in Bodenheim (near Mainz).
DUSS operates, plans and builds transshipment terminals and a loading facility on the “Rollende Landstrasse” (RoLa) at the interface between the modes of transport.
With its 24 terminals, 1 RoLa system as well as 59 portal cranes and 10 reach stackers, DUSS is one of the largest terminal operators in Germany. Even in a European comparison, DUSS is a leading provider in the terminal business of combined transport.
With an average turnover of around 2.2 million intermodal loading units per year, DUSS has a turnover of almost EUR 70 million in one financial year. Around 570 employees across Germany ensure that business runs smoothly.