Project: PSA Voltri Genoa
Location: Genoa, Italy
Date: 2017 to present
Application: ERTG and STS
Requirements: Full range of reeling cables for ERTG and STS.
Tratos Product: Tratosflex-ESDB®
Specified by: PSA International
Direct Client: ZPMC
Final Client: PSA Voltri
Tratos and ZPMC cooperation
TRATOS supplies PSA Voltri in Genoa with the TRATOSFLEX range of cables for main power cable reel and spreader cable reels. It includes supplies on its STS and on its more recently acquired 14 E-RTG brand ZPMC with automatic plug in system for its cable reels.
Tratosflex ESDB, was specifically designed for high-speed reeling. Tratosflex features a unique internal cable design, with the structure tightened against the internal relative movement. This prevents the cable from twisting and leading to possible breakage – extremely dangerous when reeling at speeds up to 300m/m. As a result of this sophisticated, reliable design, ZPMC has teamed up with Tratos on Automation projects at Ports & Terminals involving ASC or E-RTG running at high speeds.
PSA Voltri in Genoa
PSA Voltri in Genoa, Italy, is a state-of-the-art facility located in the heart of the Mediterranean sea, flagship of the PSA group in the region since 1998. Operating more than 2.000.000 TEU annually, in 2015 the terminal started a process to renew and upgrade its Port Machinery in the search of the most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly solutions, and the capacity to operate Ultra Large Container Vessels (ULCV) of 20.000 TEU plus.
PSA Genova Pra’, located in the Port area of Pra’, is the largest terminal reality in the Port of Genova and in the upper Tyrrhenian Sea, alone it handles 60% of the containerised traffic of the entire Port of Genova.
Like the Venice VECON terminal, the Genova Pra’ terminal has the PSA International group, based in Singapore and Antwerp, as its largest shareholder, which in a process of continuous evolution and expansion, consists of over 30 container terminals in 19 countries around the world.
PSA International group is a leading Global Port Operator whose portfolio comprises 60 rail and inland terminals, many of them equipped with the most advanced port machinery. TRATOS proudly supplies various of these facilities delivering and servicing cables for this port operator across the globe, in their most demanding and advanced applications.
The port of Pra’ is a point of reference in the context of international maritime routes and, thanks to an extensive rail and motorway network, it is a hub of primary importance for Italian as well as central and southern European markets.
Tratos supports sustainable developments of ports infrastructure
Tratos is very pleased to supply its high-quality cables to the ports around the world. In doing so, Tratos supports the global endeavours of port authorities in upgrading and improving their operational capabilities, which contributes to the sustainable development of ports and achieving the 17 UN Global Goals.
Participating in this project, Tratos has supported:
#Envision2030 Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- By 2030, substantially reduce the number of deaths and illnesses from hazardous chemicals and air, water and soil pollution and contamination
#Envision2030 Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors
- Improve progressively, through 2030, global resource efficiency in consumption and production and endeavour to decouple economic growth from environmental degradation, in accordance with the 10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production, with developed countries taking the lead
#Envision2030 Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- By 2030, significantly reduce the number of deaths and the number of people affected and substantially decrease the direct economic losses relative to global gross domestic product caused by disasters, including water-related disasters, with a focus on protecting the poor and people in vulnerable situations
#Envision2030 Goal 14: Life Below Water
- By 2025, prevent and significantly reduce marine pollution of all kinds, in particular from land-based activities, including marine debris and nutrient pollution
- Minimize and address the impacts of ocean acidification, including through enhanced scientific cooperation at all levels