Tratos optical fibre overhead ground wire (OPGW) containing 90 single mode fibres and aluminium clad steel wires.
Tratos are an experienced international manufacturer and supplier of Optical Fibre Cables, production of Optical Fibre Cables started in 1989 and since then Tratos has invested in the latest technology, materials and human resources needed to meet the highest performance requirements in the field of telecommunications. Tratos also have many years of experience in the manufacture of all types of overhead conductors.
Tratos combine this experience to manufacture a wide range of sizes and types of OPGW cables which have the dual performance functions of a ground wire with telecommunications capabilities. In this design 90 single-mode fibres are encased in 5 thixotropic jelly-filled loose tubes each containing 18 colour coded fibres which are laid up around an FRP strength member, wrapped with thermal barrier tapes then encased in a dry seamless aluminium sheath creating an enclosed, protected environment for the optical fibres.
Surrounding this aluminium tube is a single layer of aluminium clad steel wires (20SA-A to BS EN 61232) which affords both strength and increased corrosion protection in hostile environments.
This Tratos design of cable provides the optimum balance between strength and conductivity, the lay lengths are carefully chosen to ensure that the conductor is neutral along its central axis giving excellent handling characteristics without any tendency to corkscrew or retract when being taken from the delivery drum during installation.
- IBERDROLA NI 33.26.31
- ITU-T G652/D
- BS EN 61232
ApplicationTratos optical fibre overhead ground wire (OPGW) Cables are designed to run between the top of high voltage electricity pylons to provide the grounding and lightening protection required by overhead transmission lines combined with a high speed optical transmission path, along new or existing low and medium tension network lines. The aluminium clad steel offers increased corrosion protection and is commonly specified for coastal applications.
- 18 x colour coded G652D SMR fibres in a thixotropic jelly filled loose tube
- 5 x colour coded tubes laid up (White, Red, Blue, Green. White)
- Thermal barrier wrapping tapes
- Solid Aluminium tube (1.5 mm wall) Ø9.7mm
- Aluminium clad steel wires (20SA-A) 15xØ2.5mm
- Total cross-sectional area mm2 57,05
- Diameter mm 14,70
- Total Metallic cross section mm2 112,27
- Total Metallic Weight kg/m 0,599
- Total weight kg/m 0,655
- Electrical resistance (d.c) at 20oC Ω/km 0,46
- Maximum Short Circuit Current kA 16
- Duration of Short Circuit seconds 0,3
- Rated tensile strength daN 9800
- Ultimate tensile strength daN 10470
- Elastic modulus daN/ mm2 10500
- CTE 1/oCx10-5 1,4589