Tratos OPGW Cables are capable of providing the grounding and lightening protection required by overhead transmission lines combined with an optical transmission path along new or existing low and medium tension network lines.
Since the telecommunication market has been opened up to new operators, data transmission and video service providers, there is now the opportunity to install OPGW cable in a wide variety of transmission line installations.
In their high performance hybrid OPGW conductors Tratos combine their experience and expertise in the supply of innovative hybrid designs of HTLS conductors and optical fibre transmission systems. The intrinsic central tubular design of Tratos HTLS conductors simplifies the inclusion of optic fibres into the cable and provides enhanced mechanical protection to these fibres.
Tratos OPGW conductors offer the operator:
- The ability to include multiple optical fibres
- Greater tensile strength to resist snow, ice and wind loadings
- Lightest weight for a given fault current
- Smallest dimensions for a given fault current
- Lowest sag in both normal and fault conditions
- Existing pylons and installation techniques can be used
- Tratos can tailor the design of these cables to meet the specific characteristics of the overhead transmission lines with which they are used.
- Tratos also produce a wide range of more traditional designs of OPGW cables.
Tratos OPGW cables are available with conductors made from Thermal resistant Aluminium Alloy (TAL), Steel alumoweld wires, Aluminium wires
Related Case Studies
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community
Tratos at DSEI
Tratos Heads for Railtex/Infrarail 2021
Tratos Awarded Five Year Framework Contract by Network Rail
The Superior Quality of the “Made in Italy’s Cables”: An Interview with Albano Bragagni
Tratos wins ISO 45001