Tratos have developed an advance hybrid High Temperature Low Sag (HTLS) High voltage carbon fibre / Thermal resistant Aluminium Alloy (TAL) overhead conductor. TRATOS® OHC-HV
Tratos developed their OHC-HV product to give the following benefits against traditional conductors
- Ampacity increase up to 2 times using the same conductor’s cross-section.
- Greater tensile strength to resist snow, ice and wind. loadings
- Fully compatible with ACSR or AAA( network
- Total cost of ownership reduction for the Utility
- Existing pylons and insulation techniques can be used due to a very reduced stress strain
- Lightest weight for a given current
- Smallest dimensions for a given current
- Reduced sag at maximum current rating
- Reduced electromagnetic field at ground level due to the effective increase in height of conductor
Further technical details are included in the IET publication of March 2017 ISSN 2056-4007
Tratos can tailor the design of these OHC-HV cables to meet the specific characteristics of the overhead transmission lines with which they are used.
Tratos works with an International manufacturer of accessories used for installation and terminating these conductors, including Dead end clamps, Midspan joints, Spacers, Insulators and Stockbrige vibration dampers, ready to supply these if required
TRATOS®OVERHEAD AM (All Metal)
Tratos also manufacture a comprehensive range of traditional bare round wire concentric lay ACSR and AAAC overhead stranded conductors with or without grease filling, to National and International standards. EHV and HV types are produced for Transmission System Operating Companies, HV, MV and LV types for Distribution Network Operating Companies.
Tratos also offer a wide range of polymeric insulated aerial bundled conductors (ABC) of rated voltage 0.6/1 kV for overhead distribution
Tratos manufacture overhead conductors to comply with BS EN 50182, IEC 61089 as well as ASTM, DIN and JIS standards
Related Case Studies
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community
Tratos at DSEI
Tratos Heads for Railtex/Infrarail 2021