Tratos EV-RF – Reflective + Fluorescent is a High Visibility electric vehicle charging cable
Electric Vehicle Charging Cable with High Visibility
Tratos has developed an innovative solution for electric vehicle charging cables. TRATOS EV-RF – Reflective + Fluorescent is a High Visibility. It ensures the highest level of safety by removing trip hazards associated with trailing cables.
At night, the cable is trailing over the pavement or the ground and in the dark people can hardly see a dull black sheathed cable, there is a real risk of people tripping or cars running over the cables and the consequences can be serious. TRATOS EV-RF – Reflective + Fluorescent has been specifically designed to reduce this risk and maintain safety.
It has a construction based on the heavy-duty combined power and control cables of IEC 62893 but with Tratos patent technology applied to the compound formulation itself, it will maintain its high visibility during the hours of darkness. Tratos has developed two separate yet complementary solutions:
R for Reflective
The Reflective stripe will reflect even a small source of light, like the car headlights or even the light of your smartphone, using a similar principle to that of High Visibility Jackets.
F for Fluorescent
The Fluorescent compound maintains its emission of fluorescent light for up to 8 hours, without the need for any external source of light or power … just the compound itself. Because the technology is in the compound formulation this ensures the durability of these properties without maintenance throughout the life of the cable.
- IEC 62893
ApplicationHigh Visability flexible cable used to connect the electric vehicle to a charging point, It ensures the highest level of safety by removing trip hazards associated with trailing
- Conductor: Material Annealed flexible plain copper (Cl. 5)
- Insulation: EV1-2 type or EV1-1 type
- Insulation colours:
- 3G: Brown – Blue – Yellow/Green
- 5G: Brown – Black – Grey - Blue – yellow/Green
- 4X: White numberedOuter sheath: TPU
- Outer Sheath colour: Fluorescent orange with 2 Phosphorescent green strips
- Marking: TRATOS EV
Cables manufactured based on:
- IEC 62893-1 Charging cables for electric vehicles for rated voltages up to and including 0,6/1 KV – Part 1: General requirements
- IEC 62893-3 Charging cables for electric vehicles of rated voltages up to and including 0,6/1 kV – Part 3: Cables for AC charging according to modes 1, 2 and 3 of IEC 61851-1 of rated voltages up to and including 450/750 V
- IEC 61851-1 Electric vehicle conductive charging system – Part 1: General requirements
- IEC 60228 Conductors of insulated cables
- IEC 60245-2 Rubber insulated cables – Rated voltages up to and including 450/750 V – Part 2: Test methods
- IEC 60332-1-2 Tests on electric and optical fibre cables under fire conditions –
Part 1-2: Test for vertical flame propagation for a single insulated wire or cable – Procedure for 1 kW pre-mixed flame
- IEC 60811 Electric and optical fibre cables – Test methods for non-metallic materials
- IEC 62821-1 Electric cables – Halogen-free, low smoke, thermoplastic insulated and
sheathed cables of rated voltages up to and including 450/750 V – Part 1: General