TRATOS-MOD 02-526® – Multi Core Collectively Screened Stranded
Defence Standard 02-526 (previously NES526) Single and multicore with Special Tratos JBA® Limited Fire Hazard (LFH) Elastomeric Insulated and Elastomeric Sheathed, Collective Screened Cable for Military Vessels
DEF 02-526 (NES526) cables incorporate LFH (Limited Fire Hazard) dual layer insulation and sheath approved to DEF STAN 61 12 Part 31 (formerly NES 518) for reduced levels of smoke and toxic fumes in the event of a fire.
Tratos hold type approval to manufacture and supply DEF 02-526 (formerly NES526) cables from QinetiQ under their 25 year long term partnering agreement (LTPA) with the Ministry of Defence (MOD). Our QinetiQ approval certificate number is BCC/30/12/037/002.
These cables are used for both the ship’s equipment and systems as well as the weapon equipment and systems.
These cables are constructed to be compact and circular and are designed to withstand the conditions of reeving, temporary support and glanding into equipment and through bulkheads, that are accepted practices in the shipbuilding and ship refitting industry.
The Nato Stock Number (NSN), nominal conductor area, nominal stranding and the conductor formations for these single core and multicore cables are detailed in DEF STAN 02-526 table B4.
Each individual cable has a unique NATO Stock Number (NSN), or National Stock Number as it is known in the United States of America (USA).
DEF STAN 02-526 Issue 2 (formerly NES 526)
Tel: +44 20 3148 5178
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about our products.
ApplicationDEF 02-526 general service cables are typically used for low power, lighting, control and instrumentation circuits in Her Majesty surface ships and vessels where electrical screening is required. They are installed and used in fixed applications as well as installations where the cable will be subject to movement in service. Suitable for use where fuel, lubricating oils, hydraulic fluids and water are present.
- Tinned annealed copper wire flexible conductors (class 5) according to BS EN 60228
- Special Tratos Defence JBA® Dual layer LFH elastomeric compound according to DEF STAN 02-526
- Colour coded for Identification
- Cores are laid up helically
- Tinned annealed copper wire braid
- Special Tratos Defence JBA® Black LFH elastomeric compound according to Defence Standard 61-12 part 31
- Cable sheath marking + Tratos + year of manufacture + Def Stan 02-526 + Last seven digits of the NSN number"
FIRE HAZARD TESTS
- Conductor Insulation Smoke Index – Clause 5.2.1 of DEF STAN 02-526
- Flammability Test on Cores – BS EN 60332-1-2
- Flammability Test on Complete cable – up to 4mm2 BS EN 60332-1-2, 4 mm2 and larger BS EN 60332-3-23
- Voltage Rating: 440 V (rms sinusoidal) between cores and earth/screens and be suitable for use on systems in which the frequency of supply is up to and including 400 Hz.
- Service life 40,000 hours at a continuous conductor temperature of 90°C
- These cables are suitable for use at conductor temperatures from -30°C to +105°C.
- The lower temperature limit refers to weatherdeck applications under ‘arctic’ conditions, and the maximum continuous conductor temperature limit to the combination of ambient temperature and temperature rise due to maximum current flow.
- Flexible conductors aid installation.
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information on our company or our products.
Related Case Studies
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community
Tratos at DSEI