TITLE: BS 7835 – Electric cables – Armoured cables with thermosetting insulation for rated voltages from 3.8 kV/6.6 kV to 19 kV/33 kV having low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire – Requirements and test methods.
SCOPE: British Standard BS7835 specifies requirements and test methods for the construction, dimensions and mechanical and electrical properties of armoured cables with thermosetting insulation for rated voltages from 3.8 kV /6.6 kV (7.2 kV) up to 19 kV/33 kV (36 kV) inclusive which, when assessed by the specified tests, produce lower levels of smoke and corrosive gases on exposure to fire compared to the cables specified in BS 6622. It covers cables designed for a maximum continuous conductor operating
temperature of 90 °C and for a maximum short circuit conductor temperature of 250 °C, for use in fixed installations such as networks or industrial installations.
British Standard BS 7835 specifies single-core and three-core cables for voltages in the range 3.8 kV/6.6 kV (7.2 kV) up to 19 kV/33 kV (36 kV), with:
- a stranded copper, stranded aluminium or solid aluminium conductor or conductors;
- cross-linked polyethylene or cross-linked ethylene propylene rubber insulation;
- a metallic screening layer of copper wire or copper tape and/or a metallic armour of aluminium or galvanized steel wire;
- a thermoplastic oversheath.
Cables with improved performance under fire conditions are specified in BS7835.
NOTE to BS 7835:
- Guidance on the selection of cables is given in Annex A.
- Information to be supplied by the purchaser, and items to be agreed between the purchaser and the manufacturer, at the time of enquiry and/or order, are given in Annex B.
- Recommendations for the installation of cables are given in Annex C.
Guidance on the use of cables is given in Annex D
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community
Tratos at DSEI
Tratos Heads for Railtex/Infrarail 2021