TITLE: BS 6724 are Electric cables. Thermosetting insulated, armoured cables of rated voltages of 600/1 000 V and 1 900/3 300 V for fixed installations, having low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire.
SCOPE: BS 6724 is a British Standard that specifies requirements for the construction and performance of thermosetting insulated, armoured cables of rated voltages of 600/1 000 V and 1 900/3 300 V, having low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire. This British Standard is applicable to cables for use in fixed installations in industrial areas, buildings or similar applications.
This British Standard specifies requirements for the following types of cables:
- 600/1000 V cables, wire armoured and oversheathed having single-core, two-, three-, four- and five-core stranded copper or aluminium conductor;
- 600/1000 V multicore auxiliary cables, wire armoured, and oversheathed, having 7, 12, 19, 27, 37 and 48 core stranded copper conductors;
- 1 900/3300 V cables, wire armoured and oversheathed, having single-core or three-core stranded copper or aluminium conductor.
The cables specified in this standard are designed to have improved fire performance when installed in air and are expected to be used primarily in such locations. The cables are also suitable for direct burial in free-draining soil conditions but not in waterlogged soil or ground subject to flooding.
- Note 1: Recommendations for the selection and operation of cables are given in annex A.
- Note 2: Recommendations for the installation of cables are given in annex B.
- Note 3: Information to be provided with the enquiry or order is given in annex C.
Warning: Object of class WP_Term could not be converted to int in /www/wwwroot/live.tratosgroup.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5330
Together with AENOR in protecting the environment
Tratos has made possible the first use of Bornewables™ in the energy industry
“Egidio Capaccini” Award - 2022 edition
What is Tratos premium price?
Moving to fully recognised certification body BSI to be global
Tratos’ CEO joined the world leaders at COP26 to tackle climate change
Tratos to award the “Egidio Capaccini” Prize to deserving students of its local community
Tratos at DSEI