11kv Medium voltage cable single core or Triplex formation
Medium Voltage 11kV polymeric insulated cables for use by distribution and generation utilities BS 7870-4.10.
Conductor – Stranded plain annealed copper (class 2), Stranded aluminium (class 2) or solid aluminium (class 1).
Conductor screen – Extruded layer of bonded semiconducting compound
Insulation – XLPE Type DIX 3 or EPR type DIE 5 conforming to the requirements given in BS 7870-1 annex B.
Insulation screen – Extruded layer of cold strippable semi-conducting compound (bonded can be supplied on request)
Semi- conducting screens (conductor and insulation) and the insulation are applied by a continuous single pass triple extrusion.
Metallic screen – single layer of plain annealed copper wires.
Oversheath – Extruded layer of MDPE conforming to the requirements given in BS 7870-1 annex B for type DMP 5.
Colour – Red for 11 kV cables (other colours can be supplied on request)
For cables requiring to have a low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by fire an oversheath of extruded thermoplastic LSZH material (DMZ 4) conforming to the requirements of BS 7870-1 annex B can be supplied in place of an MDPE sheath.
Voltage rating Uo/U 6.35/11kV.
Cables can be supplied as Single core or as 3 cores laid in a Triplex formation ( BS 7870-1 3.15)
Conductor sizes available, Aluminium conductor, 70mm, 95mm, 120mm, 150mm, 185mm, 240mm and 300mm. Copper conductor, 70mm, 95mm, 120mm, 150mm, 185mm, 240mm, 300mm, 400mm, 500mm, 630mm, 800mm and 1000mm.
BS 7870-4-10 (implements Part 100 and Part 110 of HD 620 S2)
ApplicationMedium Voltage energy distribution cable for use by the Distribution Network Operators (DNO's) and Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO's) to connect to local substations or small generation units. MDPE sheathed cables are typically used for direct burial or burial in ducts, DMZ 4 sheathed cables are typically used where the contribution of cables to a fire hazard require the use of cables with a low smoke, zero halogen (LSZH) sheath.
- Conductor: stranded circular compacted copper or aluminium
- Conductor screen: semi-conducting layer
- Insulation: HEPR or XLPE Insulation screen: strippable (alternatively bonded) semi-conducting screen copper wire spiral screen
- Outer sheath: HDPE sheathed
- Standard colour: RED
- Marking: TRATOS ELECTRIC CABLE 6.35/11 kV BS 7870-4.10 (Number of Cores and Size) + (Year of Manufacture) + Metre mark
- Conductor: Stranded plain annealed copper (class 2), Stranded aluminium (class 2) or solid aluminium (class 1) to BS EN 60228
- Insulation: XLPE type DIX 3 or EPR type DIE 5 to BS 7870-1, Annex B
- Sheath: Type A cables MDPE type DMP 5 to BS 7870-1, Annex B.
- Sheath: Type B cables LSZH type DMZ 4 to BS 7870-1, Annex B.
- Flame propagation on single cable (Type B cables only) BS EN 60332-1-2
- Flame propagation on multiple cables (Type B cables only) BS EN IEC 60332-3-24
- Smoke emission (Type B cables only) BS EN 61034
- Corrosive and acid gas (Type B cables only) BS EN IEC 60754