Tratos & MSC cooperation
Tratos has supplied marine cables for three container ships: MSC Tamara, MSC Angela and MSC Kim, all of which are used to deliver a huge variety of goods to ports worldwide.
Tratos marine cables were selected by MSC on account of their high-quality manufacture and competitive pricing, as well as accreditations that ensure optimum safety, making them the perfect choice for a variety of vessels.
Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. is a Swiss-Italian international shipping line. The company operates in all major ports of the world. It is the world’s second-largest shipping line in terms of container vessel capacity
MSC is a privately owned global shipping company founded in 1970 by Gianluigi Aponte. As one of the world’s leading container shipping lines with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC operates in over 493 offices across more than 155 countries worldwide with over 70,000 employees.
With access to an integrated network of road, rail and sea transport resources which stretches across the globe, the company prides itself on delivering global service with local knowledge.
MSC is a world leader in global container shipping and a company offering global service with local knowledge. MSC also provides integrated network of road, rail and sea transport resources which stretches across the globe.
Bringing you industry-specific expertise; whatever you’re shipping, wherever you’re shipping it. MSC delivers a professional, efficient service tailored to the specific needs of your business. MSC services are designed around you.
Did you know?
MSC Cruises is the world’s largest privately-owned cruise line and brand market leader in Europe, South America and southern Africa. Our ships sail year-round in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean, and our seasonal itineraries include Northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, South America, southern Africa, China, the Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar.
The company, which grew by 800% since 2004, carried 2.4 million guests in 2018 and reported strong financial results with a turnover of nearly €2.7 billion.
MSC Cruises is a Swiss-based European company with deep Mediterranean roots employing over 30,000 staff globally and selling cruise holidays in 69 countries around the world.
MSC Cruises’ 17 ships feature a host of cutting-edge innovations and the latest technologies, and its global fleet is one of the youngest at sea. The fleet was born of a €6bn investment programme launched in 2003 and after successful completion of the first investment phase, the Company launched a €11.6 billion plan that will the fleet expand to 25 ships by 2027. Additionally, MSC Group’s Cruises Division is investing an additional €2 billion in a new luxury cruise brand comprising four super-yacht ships, launching one per year between 2023 and 2026. MSC Cruises is the first global cruise line brand to develop an investment plan of such length and magnitude.
Tratos supports sustainable developments of ports and navy infrastructure
Tratos is very pleased to supply its high-quality cables to the ports around the world. In doing so, Tratos supports the global endeavours of port authorities in upgrading and improving their operational capabilities, which contributes to the sustainable development of ports and achieving the 17 UN Global Goals.
With this project Tratos has supported:
#Envision2030 Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- By 2030, substantially reduce the number of deaths and illnesses from hazardous chemicals and air, water and soil pollution and contamination
#Envision2030 Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors
- Improve progressively, through 2030, global resource efficiency in consumption and production and endeavour to decouple economic growth from environmental degradation, in accordance with the 10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production, with developed countries taking the lead
#Envision2030 Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- By 2030, significantly reduce the number of deaths and the number of people affected and substantially decrease the direct economic losses relative to global gross domestic product caused by disasters, including water-related disasters, with a focus on protecting the poor and people in vulnerable situations
#Envision2030 Goal 14: Life Below Water
- By 2025, prevent and significantly reduce marine pollution of all kinds, in particular from land-based activities, including marine debris and nutrient pollution
- Minimize and address the impacts of ocean acidification, including through enhanced scientific cooperation at all levels