LOW VOLTAGE POWER AND CONTROL CABLES ACCORDING TO BS7917
TRATOS-A-FR-SW2-F0 (or F1 950 °C) – Armoured Reduced Halogen Fire Resistant
TRATOS-A-FR-SW4-F0 (or F1 950 °C) – Armoured Halogen-Free Fire Resistant
As the actual manufacturer of these cables, not simply a distributor, Tratos has total control of the design, quality and manufacturing process from the purchase of the raw materials through to final testing and despatch to our customers. Having control of the manufacturing process Tratos can ensure compatibility with most makes and types of glands.
Tratos manufactures a complete range of cables for marine applications that are both safe and reliable when correctly selected, installed and properly used. Tratos cables are available with wire braid armours consisting of galvanized mild steel, tinned annealed copper or tinned bronze wires to suit the particular installation and application.
In the British Standard, cables are designated according to the type of outer sheath material used in their construction. Cables designated SW 2 have a sheathing material that is classified in BS 7655 as ordinary duty enhanced oil-resisting, flame retardant with reduced halogen gas emissions (5% maximum). Cables designated SW 4 have a sheathing material that is classified in BS 7655 as ordinary duty enhanced oil-resisting, with low emission of smoke and corrosive gases when affected by the fire. (0.5% maximum). However Tratos BS7917 Oil and Gas cables employ the superior unique Tratos JBA® sheathing compound, features of Tratos JBA® sheathing compound include: Tough yet flexible to ease installation in the confined spaces found onboard ships and offshore installation. Highly flame retardant resists flame propagation and surface spread of flame. Tratos JBA® sheathing compound matches the environmental conditions found indoor or outdoor onboard ships and offshore installations – a saliferous and corrosive atmosphere, 100% humidity, water spray and deluge, mineral oils, hydraulic oils, crude oil and diesel fuel.
For locations where drilling “mud” is present, for longest life Tratos recommends the use of SW4 designated cables.
For the 600/1000V single and multi-core cables, the ranges have been rationalised to preclude certain cable types and conductor sizes in accordance with current industry practice and following UKOOA Guidelines for instrumentation, power and control cables for fixed and mobile production facilities.
ApplicationFor fixed wiring of lighting, power, control and propulsion circuits where mechanical protection is required for safety critical and emergency systems where limited circuit integrity or fire resistant cable is required. Typical circuits include Fire and gas detection systems General alarms and public address systems Emergency shut down circuits Installation status indicators For use in safe areas and, when correctly terminated, in EX zones TRATOS-UCS-SW4 cables are low smoke and halogen free so suitable for control rooms and accommodation areas.
- Conductors: BS EN 60228 class 2 (class 5 is available on request).
- Insulation: Mica glass tape and type GP 4 as specified in BS 7655: Section 1.2.
- Inner sheath: Thermosetting elastomeric compound Braid armour galvanized mild steel, tinned annealed copper or tinned bronze wires as ordered.
- Outer sheath Type SW2 or SW4 as specified in BS 7655.2.6
- Standard colour Black, other colours available on request.
- Low voltage power Rated voltage 600/1000 V
- Maximum continuous conductor operating temperature 90 °C.
- Minimum installation temperatures – 15 °C.
- Maximum short circuit conductor temperature 250 °C, the maximum duration of the fault current 5 s.
- The tension applied to a cable should not exceed the values of tensile stress per conductor given below.
- This is subject to a total maximum tensile force of 1000 N. 50 N/mm2 during installation; 15 N/mm2 for static tensile stress.
- Minimum bending radius: ≤25 mm 4D >25 mm 6D