Tratos is a key developer of innovative modern military cables meeting clients’ strenuous requirements.
STRICT QUALITY STANDARDS
Italian and European defence approvals for Tratos’ copper and fibre ranges as well as NATO approval for many products.
A market leader in field deployable fibre-optic cables, copper cable, and high performance defence cable.
Tratos manufactures defence and marine cables, including fibre-optic cables and components, deliver power, control and signalling functions for a range of international applications.
Tratos has been involved in the development of numerous modern military cable constructions and remains at the forefront in the development of the material technologies used. Tratos holds Italian and European defence approvals for both its copper and fibre ranges. It also has NATO approval for many of its products and remains a market leader in field deployable fibre-optic cables, copper cable, and high performance defence cable.
Typical Applications include:
– Equipment Wires, Limited Fire Hazard
– Airframe Wires, Humidity Resistant, PTFE Composite
– Cables, Radio Frequency, Low Fire Hazard
– ESM/ECM systems
– Fire guidance control
– Weapon Systems
– Engine compartment
– Reactor compartment
– Fire survival systems
– Communications cables
– Surface ships and submarines
– Towed arrays
– Mine detection cables
The latest generation of Defence cables combine tried and tested manufacturing techniques with state of the art technology to create cables of phenomenal strength and flexibility. Working with customers Tratos is able to tailor make cables for any application.
International Standards – IEC 60092-350, IEC 60092-352, IEC 60092-353, IEC 60092-360, IEC 60092-370, IEC 60092-376, IEC 60005
UK Standards – BS 6883, BS 7917
Note: This is an indicative range of Standards to which Tratos manufacture cables. Cables manufactured in accordance with other Standards are available on request.
Applicable Codes of Practice: JSP 430, Ship Safety Management System Handbook: Volume 1: Policy and Guidance on MOD Ship and Equipment Safety Management
- DEFENCE STANDARD 61-12 PART 25 ISSUE 5 (previously NES525) CABLES
- DEFENCE STANDARD 02-526 ISSUE 2 AMENDMENT 1 (prev. NES526) CABLES
- DEFENCE STANDARD 02-527 ISSUE 1 (previously NES527) CABLES
Cables manufactured based on:
- DEF STAN 61-12 Part 25 Issue 5 – Wires, Cords and Cables, Electrical Part 25: Wires and Cables Electrical Limited Fire Hazard, up to Conductor – Size 10 mm2Cross Sectional Area – Sectional Specification. The Defence 61-12 Part 25 specification also incorporates a number of non-standard special cables which were formerly listed in NES 525 and Low Tension cables from DEF Stan 02-643.
- DEF STAN 02-526 Issue 2 – Requirements for Cables Electric, Elastomeric, Limited Fire Hazard Sheathed for General Service. (including Amd.1)
- DEF STAN 02-527 Issue 1 – Requirements for Cables, Electric Fire Survival, High-Temperature Zones and Limited Fire Hazard Sheathed.
- DEF STAN 61-12 Part 31 Issue 2 – Wires, Cords and Cables, Electrical, Metric Units Part 31: Sheaths – Limited Fire Hazard – Standards for Defence.